For the third year, the Erasmus Centre for Future Energy Business seeks to put the spotlight on new ideas and research in the field of future energy business with two awards; the Erasmus Energy Business Award and the Erasmus Energy Science Award.
Erasmus Energy Business Award
Nominations are welcome – they do not have to match the theme of this year’s Erasmus Energy Forum.
News of the winner of the Erasmus Energy Business Award is usually the first press and social media release from RSM on behalf of the Erasmus Energy Forum at the end of Business Day.
Please see the details below to find out how to take part.
For the best innovative and sustainable energy concept or business model that contributes to improving people’s lives, business success, and the planet.
The winner will be invited to pitch their idea or concept to the whole audience at the Erasmus Energy Forum during a five-minute slot in the schedule on Day 1, Business Day. The winner can also make the most of the networking opportunities presented during breaks in the programme and the networking dinner on Thursday evening to increase their business connections and influence among participants from across the breadth of the industry. The Erasmus Energy Business Award will be presented on Day 1 of the Erasmus Energy Forum on Thursday 18 June. The Erasmus Energy Business Award is sponsored by Energy Grid Network Operator Stedin.
Business Award Nominations
You can nominate your own business project, or a third party. Nominations can be individuals, public institutions, NGOs or business enterprises. The nomination (no more than five pages) should include:
- the title of the concept
- an executive summary
- organisation or person to be nominated
- short description of the concept
- short description of the reasons why it improves value to people, business, and the planet
- contact information (name, phone and e-mail) of the nominator.
Business Award nominations will be judged on the novelty of the project’s approach and proposal, as well as the quality and value of the business potential and its contribution to the planet.
Please send nominations to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for nominations for the Erasmus Energy Business Award is 9 June 2015.
Judges for the Erasmus Energy Business Award
Four members of the Advisory Board of the Centre for Future Energy Business and one representative of the Award sponsor Stedin judge the Erasmus Energy Business Award:
- Volker Beckers, Chairman of the Advisory Board and former CEO of RWE Npower;
- Dirk Schlesinger, Managing Director, Global Manufacturing Lead, Internet Business Solutions at Cisco Systems;
- Jan Paul Buijs, Manager CIO Office at Enexis B.V.;
- Ruud Melieste, Economist, Corporate Strategy at Port of Rotterdam;
- Rick Heerink, Change & Innovation Manager at Stedin.