- Understand the importance of the corporate issues management and public affairs functions as the ‘window in’ through which society observes and frames the corporation, and the ‘window out’ through which the corporation understands society.
- Develop a working knowledge of current best practices in the areas of issues management and public affairs management, to secure the corporation’s societal license to operate and integrate its market and nonmarket strategies.
- Gain deep familiarity with a number of high-profile case studies, to benchmark internal routines with global practices, and to enrich your toolkit and vocabulary with concepts and practical insights from leading companies.
- Acquire a working knowledge of several models for identifying and interpreting strategic issues; • Learn how to develop a sustainable issue position;
- Learn how to develop a sustainable issue position;
- Work with several strategies for making issues manageable and for orchestrating the firm’s responses to them;
- Analyse how a firm is affected by government policies and how these policies create both nonmarket opportunities and threats that need to be integrated in the overall firm’s market strategy;
- Understand the ways in which firms can interact with policy-makers and contribute to shaping the public policies that affect them;
- Analyse the plural nature of competition firms might face in the market and nonmarket context (rival firms, consumers, suppliers, NGOs, social movements, activists, watchdog organisations et cetera);
- Develop practical knowledge of the tools and methods for designing an adequate nonmarket strategy.