Are you researching information systems, business analytics and artificial intelligence? Does digital business and technology-related innovation excite you? We invite final year PhDs or current assistant professors in this field to join our diverse and vibrant team of scholars contributing to management research and practice through teaching, research and engagement.
Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University (RSM) invites applications for two tenure-track faculty positions, starting in September 2021. The positions are in RSM’s department of Technology and Operations Management, in our Business Information Management (BIM) section, in collaboration with the Erasmus Centre for Data Analytics (ECDA). The positions are ranked as Assistant Professor, and we invite final year PhDs and assistant professors to apply.
Your role will contribute to the future of business information management through innovative research in the field of information systems, through teaching our talented international students, and through engagement with external businesses and organisations.
Your main tasks
Your main tasks include:
- conducting academic research aimed at top-tier journals in information systems, management and related fields – independently and in collaboration with others
- teaching courses related to business analytics and digital business for RSM’s BSc International Business Administration, the MSc Business Information Management, and the MSc BA Business Analytics and Management (courses to be discussed).
- contributing to the further development of RSM, and to the department of Technology and Operations Management in particular.
- engaging with RSM’s mission to be a force for positive change in the world.
We are looking for candidates with:
- a PhD in information systems, management and organisation, economics, computer science, statistics or related fields
- a strong commitment to high-quality research as well as evidence of your ability to conduct impactful work and to publish in top journals (i.e., published papers and/or high-quality papers in the pipeline for top management journals – see ERIM journal list)
- an interest in all areas of Information Systems research across all research methodologies.
- research interests that complement ongoing work in the department, particularly in the areas of business analytics and artificial intelligence, digital business, online platforms, digital technology related innovation, and business and technology architecture.
Your required competences
The ideal candidate is an intellectually curious, internationally oriented, ambitious and collegial scholar who shares our passion for research and teaching. The main competences include:
- the ability to show excellence in teaching to be able to play a key role in the department’s academic programmes.
- A familiarity with online education platforms and with techniques for inspiring successful blended learning
- the ability to provide critical yet constructive feedback is a strength.
- the ability to teach in English. The ability to teach in Dutch is considered an advantage.
- an appreciation for academic research that is linked to real-world problems, and that can create impact both to the academic community and the business community.
- Two full-time positions based on the Tenure Track system.
- We expect the candidates to start on 1 September 2021. A later starting date can be discussed.
- We offer competitive salary (VSNU Salary Scale 11), subject to training and experience of the candidate. See employment conditions below.
- The conditions of employment correspond with the collective labour agreement for Dutch Universities (CAO NU).
- Erasmus University Rotterdam has attractive employment conditions, which include a holiday allowance of 8 per cent, an end-of-year bonus of 8.3 per cent, and 41 vacation days (full-time). More information is available at https://www.eur.nl/en/working/eur-employer
Are you interested in this position? We would like to hear from you before 15 July 2021. Screening will start immediately and continue until the position is filled. Make sure to include in your application:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae
- One job market paper
- A concise research and teaching statement
- Current/recent teaching evaluations
- At least two recommendation letters
For inquiries about the positions, please contact Prof. Ting Li (email@example.com).
The Business Information Management (BIM) section is a vibrant community with world-class research and education on advanced information technologies and systems and its impact on firms, markets, and customers. Topics such as digital strategy and business, platform ecosystems, artificial intelligence for business, personalization and the privacy paradox, smart city platforms, digital technologies for a sustainable and carbon neutral society are investigated with students, companies, and partner universities.
Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University (RSM) is one of Europe’s top-ranked business schools. RSM provides ground-breaking research and education furthering excellence in all aspects of management and is based in the international port city of Rotterdam – a vital nexus of business, logistics and trade. RSM’s primary focus is on developing business leaders with international careers who can become a force for positive change by carrying their innovative mindset into a sustainable future. Our first-class range of bachelor, master, MBA, PhD and executive programmes encourage them to become critical, creative, caring and collaborative thinkers and doers. Study information and activities for future students, executives and alumni are also organised from the RSM office in Chengdu, China. www.rsm.nl
RSM is a faculty of Erasmus University Rotterdam (EUR). EUR is an internationally oriented university with a strong social orientation in its education and research. Our scientists and students work in close collaboration with internal and external parties to solve global, social challenges, inspired by the always dynamic and cosmopolitan Rotterdam. Our mission is therefore "Creating positive societal impact". Our academic education is intensive, active and application-oriented. Our research increasingly takes place in multidisciplinary teams, which are strongly intertwined with international networks. With our research impact and thanks to the high quality of education, EUR can compete with the top European universities. The Erasmian values function as our internal compass and make Erasmus University recognizable to the outside world: engaged with society, world citizen, connecting, entrepreneurial and open-minded. www.eur.nl