As the digital marketing and social media officer you will focus on the School’s online marketing and social media activities.
In this role you will be expected to:
- initiate and execute projects to further enhance the School’s online presence through management of social media channels, organic and paid
- act as an internal consultant for other departments
- share your vision, put your mark on projects and be creative
- be proactive and create room for your initiatives.
You will be part of RSM’s Brand Management team, consisting of a brand manager, marketing projects officer, this digital marketing and social media officer role and several student assistants. The team safeguards and further develops RSM’s brand by building awareness and engagement among key stakeholders and the general public. We do this by incorporating the best practices of corporate branding, creating marketing policies, developing and creating social media and content-marketing strategies, creating digital and physical brand assets, and helping other departments at RSM to achieve their marketing goals. You will work closely with the whole CMC team, and with various other departments at RSM, such as recruitment and admissions, corporate and alumni relations, and the career centre.
You will be supervised by the brand manager and you will report to the director of corporate marketing and communications.
Your main tasks
- Social media strategy: continuously review and develop the School’s social media strategy and audience needs
- Online marketing campaigns: prepare, execute, analyse and evaluate paid social media marketing campaigns across all channels
- Analytics: based on reports of social media performance, continuously look for possible improvements and adjustments in the strategy
- Content creation: create catchy content that boosts our KPIs
- Content management: manage content calendar and co-ordinate content with other departments
- Community management; engage with community to drive engagement
- Social media monitoring; manage social media monitoring process, assist in executing our crisis protocol, social listening, co-ordinate customer care activities and manage student assistants
- Social media ambassador: activate, advise, train and support RSM’s departments and teams to help them achieve their goals
- Innovation: initiate and manage new projects to improve the School’s social media presence
- Support: provide operational support related to website content and other projects within brand management team
You are eligible for this position if you have:
- a degree at BA/BSc level, or higher
- broad and up-to-date knowledge of digital marketing and communication: brand marketing, social media, customer care, online marketing campaigns, data analysis and measurement
- preferably a minimum of two years of work experience in digital marketing and social media
- experience with Facebook Business Manager and LinkedIn Ads; experience with Google Ads is a pre
- the ability to connect with, think along with and advise internal clients, student assistants and other stakeholders
- the ability to work under pressure, and manage multiple requests simultaneously
- a high level of accuracy and an eye for detail, while maintaining the view of the ‘bigger picture’
- the ability to think analytically and translate strategy into actions
- the ability to set priorities and explain these to management and clients
- good communication and presentation skills in English (at least B2 level)
- experience with content creation tools such as: Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere Pro, InDesign, and Canva
- experience with social media management, analytics and evaluation tools.
Your required competencies
The ideal candidate is also:
- pro-active and creative
- a good communicator who manages the interests of various stakeholders while contributing to the overall strategy
- a team player with a positive attitude
- hands-on, flexible and adaptive
- strong in English copywriting skills
- experienced in making videos and visuals
- somewhat knowledgeable in Dutch or willing to learn the language
- comfortable working in an international team and environment
- Excellent, flexible employee conditions, including 41 leave days and 2 extra leave days for personal development, plus holiday allowance, an end-of-year allowance, and travel expense compensation.
- Salary according to VSNU scale 9 (€2,968 up to €4,078 gross per month).
- A personal development budget to advance your knowledge through continuous learning.
- Networking within RSM, Erasmus University and the academic world.
- Informal working environment in our great international team.
Are you just as excited about this position as we are? We’d love to receive your application. Please upload a cover letter and resume no later than Sunday, 31 October 2021 via the link below.
For questions about this vacancy, please contact Astrid Huisman, RSM brand manager, via email@example.com.
The role of the Corporate Marketing and Communications Department is to increase external and internal recognition and support for the School's activities and programmes by offering a marketing and communications resource for the school. CMC is responsible for the brand image of the school and ensuring it is communicated consistently across the whole programme portfolio. The department offers a number of services that aim to assist and guide programmes and academic departments with their marketing and communication efforts.
Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University (RSM) is one of Europe’s top-ranked business schools. RSM provides ground-breaking research and education furthering excellence in all aspects of management and is based in the international port city of Rotterdam – a vital nexus of business, logistics and trade. RSM’s primary focus is on developing business leaders with international careers who can become a force for positive change by carrying their innovative mindset into a sustainable future. Our first-class range of bachelor, master, MBA, PhD and executive programmes encourage them to become critical, creative, caring and collaborative thinkers and doers. Study information and activities for future students, executives and alumni are also organised from the RSM office in Chengdu, China. www.rsm.nl
RSM is an equal opportunity employer and explicitly encourages applications from candidates of all genders, ethnicities, and nationalities.