You will be part of a strong community of 90 researchers and lecturers, including more than 40 PhD candidates in information systems, supply chain management, and innovation management. The department has a strong research and teaching tradition and an international orientation to the academic and business communities. Our specialised MSc in Business Information Management is ranked among the best programmes in the world. The BIM section is one of the founding members of the MScBA in Business Analytics & Management. The department is also involved in RSM’s extensive portfolio of post-experience education such as its executive MBA programmes.
For more information about the group: https://www.rsm.nl/research/departments/technology-and-operations-management/business-information/
Educating and inspiring the next generation of managers as they investigate the opportunities presented by data analytics (machine learning, deep learning, data mining) and new information technologies (platforms, cloud computing, AI, internet-of-things, blockchain).
Join a team of scholars contributing to education in the field of Information Systems and Data Science.
Your main tasks
Your main task is teaching students of BSc BA and BSc IBA, and MSc Business Information Management and MSc Business Analytics and Management, involving:
- Course delivery, including lectures (online, blended and classroom), assignments and examinations
- Course design and redesign, for course content and didactics
- Supervise BSc and/or MSc theses.
- You have (or expect to complete soon) a PhD in information systems, economics, computer science, marketing, econometrics, or a closely related field, and demonstrate a strong interest and a proven track record in this respect
- You have a strong background in quantitative empirical data analysis methods, such as econometrics, statistics, and machine learning.
- You have completed University Teaching Qualification (BKO) or equivalent (or are willing to acquire that in short term).
Your required competences
- You demonstrate a potential for excellence in teaching
- You have familiarity with online education platforms (e.g. Canvas, Zoom), techniques for inspiring successful blended learning, and ability to provide critical yet constructive feedback.
- You are able to teach in English. The ability to teach in Dutch is considered an advantage.
- You are a team player and are open to collaborate with various faculty members across the different courses.
- We expect the candidate to start on 1 September 2021. An earlier starting date can be discussed.
- Both positions are currently defined at the level of Lecturer, on a temporary basis (maximum two years). Subsequent promotion to Senior Lecturer with a permanent contract is possible with a track record of excellent teaching.
- We offer competitive salary, based on the candidate’s experience. See employment conditions below.
The conditions of employment correspond with the collective labour agreement for Dutch Universities (CAO NU).
Salary is subject to training and experience and may vary and up to a maximum of € 3,886.00 gross per month (scale 11-1 CAO NU), based on a full-time contract of 38 hours.
Erasmus University has attractive employment conditions, which include a holiday allowance of 8 per cent, an end-of-year bonus of 8.3 per cent, and a considerate amount of vacation days. More information is available at www.eur.nl/werkenbij/hr_informatie.
We offer excellent training and career development opportunities. You will closely collaborate with experience faculty members in developing and delivering courses at the BSc and MSc levels. RSM has a dedicated Learning Innovation Team, which supports faculty in improving and innovating their courses and programmes.
Are you interested in this position? We would like to hear from you before Thursday, 1 May 2021. Screening will start immediately and continue until the positions are filled. Make sure to include in your application:
- your letter of interest
- your curriculum vitae
- a teaching statement
- teaching evaluations
If you have questions about the position, please contact Dr Dimitrios Tsekouras, Academic director of MSc BIM (firstname.lastname@example.org), or Yanick Kuper, BIM programme co-ordinator (email@example.com).
The Business Information Management (BIM) section is a vibrant community with world-class research and education on advanced information technologies and systems and its impact on firms, markets, and customers. Topics such as digital strategy and business, platform ecosystems, artificial intelligence for business, personalization and the privacy paradox, smart city platforms, digital technologies for a sustainable and carbon neutral society are investigated with students, companies, and partner universities.
Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University (RSM) is one of Europe’s top-ranked business schools. RSM provides ground-breaking research and education furthering excellence in all aspects of management and is based in the international port city of Rotterdam – a vital nexus of business, logistics and trade. RSM’s primary focus is on developing business leaders with international careers who can become a force for positive change by carrying their innovative mindset into a sustainable future. Our first-class range of bachelor, master, MBA, PhD and executive programmes encourage them to become critical, creative, caring and collaborative thinkers and doers. Study information and activities for future students, executives and alumni are also organised from the RSM office in Chengdu, China. www.rsm.nl
RSM is a faculty of Erasmus University Rotterdam (EUR). EUR is an internationally oriented university with a strong social orientation in its education and research. Our scientists and students work in close collaboration with internal and external parties to solve global, social challenges, inspired by the always dynamic and cosmopolitan Rotterdam. Our mission is therefore "Creating positive societal impact". Our academic education is intensive, active and application-oriented. Our research increasingly takes place in multidisciplinary teams, which are strongly intertwined with international networks. With our research impact and thanks to the high quality of education, EUR can compete with the top European universities. The Erasmian values function as our internal compass and make Erasmus University recognizable to the outside world: engaged with society, world citizen, connecting, entrepreneurial and open-minded. www.eur.nl