As lecturer in accounting, you train our students to be future financial managers and ethical and strategic business partners. You would join our team that is passionate about sharing new knowledge and insights interactively with students and practitioners. Through our teaching and research, we create and disseminate state-of-the-art knowledge about how accounting information facilitates economically and socially sound business decisions.
Our Department is responsible for a wide array of courses, including in RSM’s bachelor programme, our master programme in Accounting & Financial Management, the MBA programme and several executive education programmes.
As a team, we teach all aspects of accounting, covering topics such as financial analysis, valuation, performance measurement and incentives, (investment) decision-making, reporting, ESGs, taxation, auditing, fraud and forensic accounting, accounting analytics, M&As and corporate governance, and non-financial performance. We provide our students with practically relevant insights to address questions that live among our stakeholders, which includes the business community of accountants, controllers, financial advisors and managers.
You will work in close co-operation with colleagues of the department and its academic director. You may also work on projects related to teaching innovation and educational research. RSM offers developmental support to lecturers, including support for teaching qualifications so that excellent candidates can further develop into (tenured) senior lecturers.
Your main tasks
As a lecturer in the Department of Accounting & Control, you play a key role in delivering our Accounting courses. Together with your colleagues within the Department, you would be responsible for a diverse pallet of teaching activities including course delivery, co-ordination, thesis supervision, and related tasks including course development and organisation.
Successful applicants are expected to have at minimum a university degree in accounting or financial management/finance or similar, and to be fluent in English. Teaching experience in BSc and MSc programmes is highly desired. Having a PhD degree is desirable, but not an entry requirement. Depending on qualifications and desires, there can be an opportunity to simultaneously work on obtaining a PhD degree.
Your required competences
• You are an enthusiastic and committed teacher.
• You strive to provide high-quality content and constructive feedback.
• You have strong English language skills, in both writing and speaking
• You are conscientious and have good organisational skills
• You are constructive and co-operative, willing to work with colleagues from different courses and programmes.
• A lecturer appointment for 0.8-1.0 FTE, initially for two years. The position may be extended by another two years. A lecturer with a PhD who fulfills all qualifications, including excellent performance, can apply for tenure and promotion to senior lecturer.
• The ideal starting date is 1 January 2022.
• Under normal circumstances the successful candidate will work on campus; restrictions due to Covid-19 may require working remotely using online teaching or blended learning (a combination of online and on-campus activities, with passive streaming of on-campus activities) until on-campus teaching resumes. Erasmus University Rotterdam follows the guidelines from the government and the RIVM.
• The conditions of employment comply with the collective labour agreement for Dutch Universities (CAO NU).
• Depending on previous qualifications and experience the gross salary ranges between €2,836 and €5,211 per month for a full-time employment (scale 10-11 according to the Collective Labour Agreement Dutch Universities).
• Erasmus University has attractive employment conditions, which include a holiday allowance of 8 per cent, an end-of-year bonus of 8.3 per cent, and a generous number of vacation days. More information is available at www.eur.nl/en/working/eur-employer
We offer excellent training and career development opportunities. You will closely collaborate with experienced faculty members in developing and delivering courses at the BSc and MSc levels. RSM has a dedicated Learning Innovation Team, which supports faculty members in improving and innovating their courses and programmes. This is an interesting for early career high potentials, to develop themselves and their project skills in a top 10 mission-driven European business school.
Are you interested in this position? We look forward to receiving your application! Please submit your application before Monday 1 November 2021. Consideration of candidates will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Your application should include:
• Motivation letter
• Curriculum vitae
• Any recent teaching evaluations
For questions about this position, please get in touch with Prof. Marcel van Rinsum via firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, please visit:
• RSM Accounting: www.rsm.nl/research/departments/accounting-and-control
• RSM: www.rsm.nl
• RSM MSc Accounting & Financial Management: www.rsm.nl/afm
• RSM bachelor programmes www.rsm.nl/bachelor
Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University (RSM) is one of Europe’s top-ranked business schools. RSM provides ground-breaking research and education furthering excellence in all aspects of management and is based in the international port city of Rotterdam – a vital nexus of business, logistics and trade. RSM’s primary focus is on developing business leaders with international careers who can become a force for positive change by carrying their innovative mindset into a sustainable future. Our first-class range of bachelor, master, MBA, PhD and executive programmes encourage them to become critical, creative, caring and collaborative thinkers and doers. Study information and activities for future students, executives and alumni are also organised from the RSM office in Chengdu, China. www.rsm.nl
RSM is a faculty of Erasmus University Rotterdam (EUR). EUR is an internationally oriented university with a strong social orientation in its education and research. Our scientists and students work in close collaboration with internal and external parties to solve global, social challenges, inspired by the always dynamic and cosmopolitan Rotterdam. Our mission is therefore "Creating positive societal impact". Our academic education is intensive, active and application-oriented. Our research increasingly takes place in multidisciplinary teams, which are strongly intertwined with international networks. With our research impact and thanks to the high quality of education, EUR can compete with the top European universities. The Erasmian values function as our internal compass and make Erasmus University recognizable to the outside world: engaged with society, world citizen, connecting, entrepreneurial and open-minded. www.eur.nl