Your main role is teaching our bachelor business administration and our MSc Business Innovation students. We need a lecturer who can teach:
• The master elective Circular Economy
• The third-year bachelor elective Circular Economy
• Supervision of master theses on circular economy and related areas
• You might also be asked to teach MBA and executive programmes, depending on demand.
Your main tasks
Your regular tasks include:
- Course delivery, including online, blended, and classroom lectures, assignments and examinations
- Course design and reviews, for substance and didactics
- Supervision and assessment of assignments, final projects and MSc theses.
- have (or expect to complete soon) a PhD in management, or a related field with a focus on innovation management, sustainability, industrial ecology, or closed-loop supply chain management
- be able to demonstrate a potential for excellence in teaching
- have strong written and spoken English. You will be expected to teach at an academic level in English. The ability to teach in Dutch is an advantage
- be familiar with online education platforms such as Canvas and Zoom, and with techniques for inspiring successful blended learning and assessing theses
- demonstrate a strong motivation for the circular economy, and for sustainability, and innovation.
- have completed or be willing to complete a University Teaching Qualification (BKO) or equivalent.
We offer an opportunity to educate future innovation leaders in an inclusive university environment that value and invest in your professional and personal growth.
This position is offered by the Innovation Management section of TOM and involves close collaboration with the department of Business-Society Management (BSM), allowing you to bridge innovation management and sustainability.
The Innovation Management section is one of three critical business areas covered by TOM and is focused on developing strategies, structures and processes to generate, select implement sustainable innovations. The section at RSM comprises around 30 faculty and PhD students. We teach Circular Economy in our MSc programme of RSM’s two bachelor programmes and in several of its full-time and part-time master programmes, including its MBA programmes. Our specialised MSc in Innovation Management is among the top programmes of its kind in the world.
Under normal circumstances the successful candidate will work on campus; restrictions due to Covid-19 may require working remotely using online teaching or blended learning (a combination of online and on-campus activities, with passive streaming of on-campus activities) when on-campus teaching is not possible. Erasmus University Rotterdam follows the guidelines from the government and the RIVM.
See also www.rsm.nl/employees
- We expect the successful candidate to start on 1 February 2022.
- We offer a total appointment of 4 years, starting with a 1-year contract.
- The position is currently defined at the level of Lecturer.
The conditions of employment comply with the collective labour agreement for Dutch universities (CAO NU). Favourable tax agreements may apply to applicants who are not from the Netherlands. Erasmus University Rotterdam has attractive employment conditions, which include a holiday allowance of 8 per cent, an end-of-year bonus of 8.3 per cent, and a generous number of vacation days.
We offer excellent training and career development opportunities. RSM has a dedicated Learning Innovation Team, which supports faculty in improving and innovating their courses and programmes. This is done by developing blended and online learning, overcoming educational challenges, (re)designing courses or programmes, and by faculty development activities.
Screening of applicants will start immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applications close on 1 November 2021.
Make sure to include in your application package:
• your letter of interest
• your curriculum vitae
• a teaching statement
• teaching evaluations
If you have any questions about position, please email Murat Tarakci, Head of the Innovation Management section, via email@example.com
Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University (RSM) is one of Europe’s top-ranked business schools. RSM provides ground-breaking research and education furthering excellence in all aspects of management and is based in the international port city of Rotterdam – a vital nexus of business, logistics and trade. RSM’s primary focus is on developing business leaders with international careers who can become a force for positive change by carrying their innovative mindset into a sustainable future. Our first-class range of bachelor, master, MBA, PhD and executive programmes encourage them to become critical, creative, caring and collaborative thinkers and doers. Study information and activities for future students, executives and alumni are also organised from the RSM office in Chengdu, China. www.rsm.nl
RSM is a faculty of Erasmus University Rotterdam (EUR). EUR is an internationally oriented university with a strong social orientation in its education and research. Our scientists and students work in close collaboration with internal and external parties to solve global, social challenges, inspired by the always dynamic and cosmopolitan Rotterdam. Our mission is therefore "Creating positive societal impact". Our academic education is intensive, active and application-oriented. Our research increasingly takes place in multidisciplinary teams, which are strongly intertwined with international networks. With our research impact and thanks to the high quality of education, EUR can compete with the top European universities. The Erasmian values function as our internal compass and make Erasmus University recognizable to the outside world: engaged with society, world citizen, connecting, entrepreneurial and open-minded. www.eur.nl