Are you ready for a role that will help to create the future of finance? You’ll join a dynamic and international department of dedicated educators and ambitious academics in a department that engages in top quality research and hosts specialised conferences and seminars. Education and research focus on positive change that enables people and organisations to thrive; RSM’s finance programmes and courses for bachelor, master and executive students address topics at the cutting edge of the field of finance, including sustainable finance and climate risk, corporate finance, asset management, credit risk, financial innovation, FinTech, entrepreneurial finance and corporate governance.
The lecturer will work closely with other members of the department and its Academic Director. The successful candidate will also work on projects related to teaching innovation and educational research. RSM offers developmental support to lecturers, including support for teaching qualifications so that excellent candidates can further develop into Senior Lecturers.
Your main tasks
The lecturer will be responsible for teaching courses in the portfolio of the department of Finance. Our master’s students are those on RSM’s MSc Finance & Investments, a world-class, one-year general finance curriculum, in which students follow compulsory and elective courses and write a thesis. Our two bachelor programmes, the BSc International Business Administration and BSc Business Administration, have finance courses in all three years. The lecturer will be coaching and supervising master’s theses and bachelor projects and may also perform some co-ordinating tasks.
Successful applicants are expected to have a PhD degree (or be in the process of obtaining such degree) in finance, accounting, or economics, to demonstrate a strong interest in teaching at the BSc and MSc level and have a proven track record in this respect. Candidates are expected to be fluent in English, our language of communication.
Your required competences
- You are a passionate and persuasive teacher.
- You are a team player and are open to collaborate with various faculty members across the different courses and programmes.
- You are eager to deliver high-quality content and constructive feedback.
- You are proactive, conscientious and can organise well
- Strong written and spoken English. You will be expected to teach at an academic level in English.
- A lecturer appointment for 0.8 – 1.0 FTE, initially for two years. The position may be extended by another two years.
- The ideal starting date is 1 December 2021.
- Under normal circumstances the successful candidate will work on campus; restrictions due to Covid-19 may require working remotely using online teaching or blended learning (a combination of online and on-campus activities, with passive streaming of on-campus activities) until on-campus teaching resumes. Erasmus University Rotterdam follows the guidelines from the government and the RIVM.
- The conditions of employment comply with the collective labour agreement for Dutch Universities (CAO NU).
- Depending on previous qualifications and experience the gross salary ranges between €2,836 and €5,211 per month for a full-time employment (scale 10-11 according to the Collective Labour Agreement Dutch Universities).
- Erasmus University has attractive employment conditions, which include a holiday allowance of 8 per cent, an end-of-year bonus of 8.3 per cent, and a generous number of vacation days. More information is available at https://www.eur.nl/en/working/eur-employer
We offer excellent training and career development opportunities. You will closely collaborate with experienced faculty members in developing and delivering courses at the BSc and MSc levels. RSM has a dedicated Learning Innovation Team, which supports faculty members in improving and innovating their courses and programmes.
Are you interested in this position? Please submit your application before 1 October 2021. Consideration of candidates will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Your application should include:
- Motivation letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Any recent teaching evaluations
For inquiries about this position, please contact Prof. Marno Verbeek via firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please visit:
Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University (RSM) is one of Europe’s top-ranked business schools. RSM provides ground-breaking research and education furthering excellence in all aspects of management and is based in the international port city of Rotterdam – a vital nexus of business, logistics and trade. RSM’s primary focus is on developing business leaders with international careers who can become a force for positive change by carrying their innovative mindset into a sustainable future. Our first-class range of bachelor, master, MBA, PhD and executive programmes encourage them to become critical, creative, caring and collaborative thinkers and doers. Study information and activities for future students, executives and alumni are also organised from the RSM office in Chengdu, China. www.rsm.nl
RSM is a faculty of Erasmus University Rotterdam (EUR). EUR is an internationally oriented university with a strong social orientation in its education and research. Our scientists and students work in close collaboration with internal and external parties to solve global, social challenges, inspired by the always dynamic and cosmopolitan Rotterdam. Our mission is therefore "Creating positive societal impact". Our academic education is intensive, active and application-oriented. Our research increasingly takes place in multidisciplinary teams, which are strongly intertwined with international networks. With our research impact and thanks to the high quality of education, EUR can compete with the top European universities. The Erasmian values function as our internal compass and make Erasmus University recognizable to the outside world: engaged with society, world citizen, connecting, entrepreneurial and open-minded. www.eur.nl