Are you passionate about personnel development and organisational behaviour, and an enthusiastic and excellent lecturer in this field? Then we’re looking for you to strengthen our diverse international team! Our department has a strong research and teaching tradition, and has a network that links to local and international practitioners and academics.
We aim to provide innovative teaching so we’re looking for a candidate who is passionate about educating the next generation of purposeful leaders to be a force for positive change in business and society.
Your main tasks
Your role is to support our bachelor teaching programmes through teaching and innovation.
- running bachelor courses on skill development, mentoring, tutoring (classroom, online and blended), assignments and examinations
- redevelopment of courses in the bachelor programme
- academic co-ordination of our skill development courses
- supervision of theses (on bachelor and master level)
- there may be also opportunities for master and post-graduate teaching.
For this role, we prefer that you:
- hold a master degree in management, human resources, organisational behaviour, organisational psychology, or a closely related field
- can demonstrate a strong interest and ability to teach in the field of personnel development – the courses and activities you will teach contain skill and coaching-related content
- have experience of coaching and project management (this is a plus)
- can teach at an academic level in English (CEFR level C2), and the ability to teach in Dutch (CEFR level C2) is a strong plus
- have completed the University Teaching Qualification (BKO) or equivalent, or are willing to acquire that soon.
Your required competences
- You are a passionate and persuasive teacher.
- You are a team player and are open to collaborate with various faculty members across the different courses and programmes.
- You are eager to deliver high-quality content and constructive feedback.
- You are proactive, conscientious and can organise well.
- Strong written and spoken English. You will be expected to teach at an academic level in English (CEFR level C2). The ability to teach in Dutch (CEFR level C2) is a strong advantage.
- The role can start as early as possible but no later than 1 June 2022. At the moment, education at RSM according to government Covid-19 restrictions, so expect a mixture of online and on-campus (face-to-face) activities.
- The position is at the level of lecturer, on a temporary basis of two + one years (total 3 years). Subsequent contract renewal is not possible for this specific position.
- We offer excellent training and career development opportunities. You will closely collaborate with experienced faculty members in developing and delivering courses at the BSc and MSc levels. RSM has a dedicated Learning Innovation Team, which supports faculty members in improving and innovating their courses and programmes.
- You will collaborate with our Erasmus Centre for Leadership, developing and teaching innovative evidence-based programmes and co-ordinating activities.
The conditions of employment correspond with the collective labour agreement for Dutch universities (CAO NU).
Salary is subject to training and experience and may vary from a minimum of € 2,846 gross per month (scale 10 CAO NU) up to a maximum of € 5,230 gross per month (scale 11 CAO NU), based on a full-time contract of 38 hours.
Erasmus University has attractive employment conditions, which include a holiday allowance of 8 per cent, an end-of-year bonus of 8.3 per cent, and a considerate amount of vacation days.
RSM encourages learning, personal growth, and training for increased effectiveness for all colleagues. There will be opportunities for job-specific training and development where necessary and upon request, including training for the University Teaching Qualification. RSM has a mentoring programme available for all employees.
If you’re interested in this position, please upload your:
1) cover letter containing your motivation for the position
3) teaching evaluation
For more information about the job please contact Judith Werkhoven, the department’s hiring committee chair, at email@example.com .
The initial deadline for applications is Monday 31 January 2022, although applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Promising candidates can expect an invitation for an interview in February or March.
Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University (RSM) is one of Europe’s top-ranked business schools. RSM provides ground-breaking research and education furthering excellence in all aspects of management and is based in the international port city of Rotterdam – a vital nexus of business, logistics and trade. RSM’s primary focus is on developing business leaders with international careers who can become a force for positive change by carrying their innovative mindset into a sustainable future. Our first-class range of bachelor, master, MBA, PhD and executive programmes encourage them to become critical, creative, caring and collaborative thinkers and doers. Study information and activities for future students, executives and alumni are also organised from the RSM office in Chengdu, China. www.rsm.nl
RSM is a faculty of Erasmus University Rotterdam (EUR). EUR is an internationally oriented university with a strong social orientation in its education and research. Our scientists and students work in close collaboration with internal and external parties to solve global, social challenges, inspired by the always dynamic and cosmopolitan Rotterdam. Our mission is therefore "Creating positive societal impact". Our academic education is intensive, active and application-oriented. Our research increasingly takes place in multidisciplinary teams, which are strongly intertwined with international networks. With our research impact and thanks to the high quality of education, EUR can compete with the top European universities. The Erasmian values function as our internal compass and make Erasmus University recognizable to the outside world: engaged with society, world citizen, connecting, entrepreneurial and open-minded. www.eur.nl