We’re looking for two enthusiastic professionals to take on two new roles to support our teaching staff in our MSc programmes for Strategic Management and Strategic Entrepreneurship. You will contribute to efficiency gains, communication and administrative support while working closely with teaching staff and students.
Both programmes feature a set of core courses in the first semester, followed by elective courses and a thesis trajectory in the second semester. The MSc in Strategic Management is one of the larger programmes of the school, with around 400 students. The MSc in Strategic Entrepreneurship has around 125 students.
Your main tasks
As a programme co-ordinator, you will report to the academic director of the programme you’re working for, either the MSc in Strategic Management or the MSc in Strategic Entrepreneurship. Your main task is to take on administrative and organisational responsibilities.
- Liaise between RSM’s programme management and the Department about matters concerning programme and course organisation.
- Act as main point of contact for the programme’s students for procedural questions, for example about organisation, enrolment, deadlines, or assessment.
- Hire and manage student assistants for grading.
- Provide hands-on support during online events and educational activities, for example by acting as chat moderator during online teaching.
- Liaise between RSM’s Learning Innovation Team and the Department about matters concerning educational innovation.
- Co-ordinate the MSc thesis trajectory by assigning our 300+ students an academic coach and co-reader from the 40+ academic staff available.
- Organise incidental events, such as onboarding events or graduation days.
- Build and maintain a knowledge base on teaching policies, procedures and workflow at both school and departmental levels.
These roles are new to the Department, that is why we expect the two programme co-ordinators to work closely together to identify efficiencies and divide tasks among themselves.
To be eligible for this role, you should have:
- a bachelor or master degree in the fields of public management, business, education or a related field
- some affinity in the area of strategic management or entrepreneurship (preferred, but not a must).
Your required competencies
- Demonstrated experience in support roles in higher education.
- Demonstrated experience working in a team environment with ability to work independently within supervisory guidelines.
- Excellent organisational skills with attention to detail and quality of work.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Excellent proactive problem-solving skills.
The positions start in the summer of 2021, initially for one year, but with the possibility for extensions. It is classified as education co-ordinator (onderwijscoördinator) of the VSNU job classification system(https://www.vsnu.nl/en_GB/job_classification_ufo.html) and the salary will be in scale 10, based on education and work experience. Promising candidates that do not entirely fit the profile may be placed in starting scale 8, with promotion to scale 10 after one year.
Preference is given to a full-time appointment for the co-ordinator supporting the Strategic Management programme. For the co-ordinator of the Strategic Entrepreneurship programme, a part-time role is possible.
The conditions of employment correspond with the collective labour agreement for Dutch Universities (CAO NU).
Salary is subject to training and experience and may vary from a minimum of € 2,656 (scale 8 CAO NU) gross per month and up to a maximum of € 4,402 gross per month (scale 10 CAO NU), based on a full-time contract of 38 hours.
Erasmus University Rotterdam has attractive employment conditions, which include a holiday allowance of 8 per cent, an end-of-year bonus of 8.3 per cent, and a considerate amount of vacation days. More information is available at www.eur.nl/en/working/eur-employer.
Interested in this position? Please upload your cover letter with motivation and CV before 19 April 2021.
For more information about the job please contact dr. Jurriaan Nijholt, via email@example.com.
The department of Strategic Management & Entrepreneurship plays an important role in all major teaching programmes at Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University, such as BSc Business Administration and BSc International Administration, MSc International Management/CEMS, and Executive MBA. The department is home to in the MSc Strategic Management and MSc Strategic Entrepreneurship. We aim to continuously develop and improve the courses we offer to actively align them with the changing business environment, and are research-driven in what we teach.
The department belongs to Europe’s strongest Strategy departments in terms of research output and impact. It consists of over approximately 40 teachers and researchers, including about 10 PhD candidates. It has excellent contacts with national and multinational businesses, and has a number of internationally renowned professors. Education and research are focused on strategic management, global strategy, family business, individual and corporate entrepreneurship, co-operation and competition between companies, and strategic renewal. The department has several research platforms, such as the Erasmus Centre for Entrepreneurship and the Erasmus Centre for Family Business; they deliver pioneering research in specific areas of strategy.
For more information about our activities and our colleagues please visit: http://www.rsm.nl/research/departments/strategic-management-entrepreneurship/
Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University (RSM) is one of Europe’s top-ranked business schools. RSM provides ground-breaking research and education furthering excellence in all aspects of management and is based in the international port city of Rotterdam – a vital nexus of business, logistics and trade. RSM’s primary focus is on developing business leaders with international careers who can become a force for positive change by carrying their innovative mindset into a sustainable future. Our first-class range of bachelor, master, MBA, PhD and executive programmes encourage them to become critical, creative, caring and collaborative thinkers and doers. Study information and activities for future students, executives and alumni are also organised from the RSM office in Chengdu, China. www.rsm.nl
RSM is an equal opportunity employer and explicitly encourages applications from candidates of all genders, ethnicities, and nationalities.