Are you researching information systems, business analytics and artificial intelligence? Does digital business and technology-related innovation excite you? If you are a final year PhD or current assistant professor in this field, then this is your opportunity to continue your research at Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University (RSM) as a:
Tenure-track assistant professor in information systems
Your main tasks
The tenure-track faculty position can start in January 2021. The position is in the Department of Technology and Operations Management, section Business Information Management (BIM) in collaboration with the Erasmus Centre for Data Analytics.
We are looking for candidates with:
- a PhD in information systems, economics, management and organisation, computer science, statistics or related fields
- a strong commitment to high-quality research and evidence of your ability to conduct impactful work and to publish in top journals
- an interest in all areas of information systems research across all research methodologies
- research that complements ongoing work in the department, particularly in the areas of business analytics, artificial intelligence, digital business, online platforms, digital technology related innovation, health IT, privacy and security, fintech, and business and technology architecture
Your required competences
- an appreciation for academic research linked to real-world problems to create impact both to the academic community and the business community
- the ability to show excellence in teaching and play a key role in the Department’s academic programmes at undergraduate, master, MBA, and PhD levels.
The conditions of employment comply with the collective labour agreement for Dutch Universities (CAO NU). Favourable tax agreements may apply to international applicants.
Erasmus University Rotterdam has attractive employment conditions, which include a holiday allowance of 8 per cent, an end-of-year bonus of 8.3 per cent, and a generous number of vacation days.
If you’re interested in this position, please prepare your application package:
- a motivation letter
- your job market paper
- a concise research and teaching statement
- current/recent teaching evaluations
- at least two recommendation letters
Review of applications begins immediately, and will continue until the position is filled, but not later than September 1, 2020. We will interview shortlisted candidates via Skype. The possibility of starting in January 2021 can be discussed. For questions about this position, please contact Prof. Ting Li via email@example.com.
Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University (RSM) is one of Europe’s top-ranked business schools. RSM provides ground-breaking research and education furthering excellence in all aspects of management and is based in the international port city of Rotterdam – a vital nexus of business, logistics and trade. RSM’s primary focus is on developing business leaders with international careers who can become a force for positive change by carrying their innovative mindset into a sustainable future. Our first-class range of bachelor, master, MBA, PhD and executive programmes encourage them to become critical, creative, caring and collaborative thinkers and doers. Study information and activities for future students, executives and alumni are also organised from the RSM office in Chengdu, China. www.rsm.nl
RSM is an equal opportunity employer and explicitly encourages applications from candidates of all genders, ethnicities, and nationalities.