Tenure track assistant professor in organisational behaviour – research, teaching, and engagement
The department of Organisation and Personnel Management at Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University (RSM) invites applications for a faculty position in the field of organisational behaviour (OB). This is a tenure track position at the Assistant Professor level. Expected starting date is September 2022.
Your main tasks
- Conduct and publish research in the field of Organisation Behaviour
- Engage and contribute to the department’s furthering of OB scholarship
- Teach master and bachelor students; potential for teaching post-graduate students
- Supervise master and bachelor theses
- Engage in RSM’s mission to be a force for positive change
- A PhD or expect to complete a PhD during 2022 in OB, HR, organisational psychology or a closely related field in management or social sciences
- Outstanding achievements in OB or HR research or clear evidence of high potential for such research, such as published papers or high-quality papers in the pipeline for top management journals – see the ERIM journal list)
- Teaching excellence or indication of excellent teaching potential
Your required competences
- Passionate about research and teaching
- Team-player, willing to collaborate with others, and positively contribute to the department’s development and excellence
- An ability to collaborate with colleagues, including micro-Organisational Theory scholars, to bridge the department’s main areas of research
- Fluent in English
This is a full-time position with a contract of 38 hours per week, preferably starting in September 2022.
- We offer competitive salary (VSNU Salary Scale 11), subject to training and experience of the candidate. See employment conditions below.
- The compensation package is competitive relative to European salaries and includes several secondary benefits (such as a pension plan that is partially funded by the university). Favourable tax agreements may apply to non-Dutch applicants.
- Salary is subject to training and experience and may vary from a minimum of € 3,821 (scale 11 CAO NU) gross per month and up to a maximum of € 5,943 gross per month (scale 12 CAO NU), based on a full-time contract of 38 hours.
- The conditions of employment comply with the collective labour agreement for Dutch Universities (CAO NU).
- Erasmus University has attractive employment conditions, which include a holiday allowance of 8 per cent, an end-of-year bonus of 8.3 per cent, and a generous number of vacation days. More information is available at https://www.eur.nl/en/working/our-employer-vision/employment-conditions
RSM encourages learning, personal growth, and training for increased effectiveness for all colleagues. There will be opportunities for job-specific training and development where necessary and upon request, including training for the University Teaching Qualification. RSM has a mentoring programme available for all employees.
Are you interested in this great opportunity? Please upload:
- Detailed CV
- Motivation letter
- One job market paper (not an already published paper)
- Concise research and teaching statements (maximum one page each)
- Recent teaching evaluations
- At least two recommendation letters
Review of applications begins immediately, and will continue until the position is filled, but not later than Tuesday, 28 February 2022. We will interview shortlisted candidates via Zoom or Microsoft Teams; and subsequently, if Covid-19 regulations/circumstances allow, we will invite the final few applicants for a campus visit. For questions about this position, please contact Dr Inga Hoever or Prof. Steffen Giessner via email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University (RSM) is one of Europe’s top-ranked business schools. RSM provides ground-breaking research and education furthering excellence in all aspects of management and is based in the international port city of Rotterdam – a vital nexus of business, logistics and trade. RSM’s primary focus is on developing business leaders with international careers who can become a force for positive change by carrying their innovative mindset into a sustainable future. Our first-class range of bachelor, master, MBA, PhD and executive programmes encourage them to become critical, creative, caring and collaborative thinkers and doers. Study information and activities for future students, executives and alumni are also organised from the RSM office in Chengdu, China. www.rsm.nl
RSM is a faculty of Erasmus University Rotterdam (EUR). EUR is an internationally oriented university with a strong social orientation in its education and research. Our scientists and students work in close collaboration with internal and external parties to solve global, social challenges, inspired by the always dynamic and cosmopolitan Rotterdam. Our mission is therefore "Creating positive societal impact". Our academic education is intensive, active and application-oriented. Our research increasingly takes place in multidisciplinary teams, which are strongly intertwined with international networks. With our research impact and thanks to the high quality of education, EUR can compete with the top European universities. The Erasmian values function as our internal compass and make Erasmus University recognizable to the outside world: engaged with society, world citizen, connecting, entrepreneurial and open-minded. www.eur.nl