IT Service Manager / Process Coordinator
Thursday, 8 April 2021
Innovation and IT
- Contact Details:
For questions about the position, please contact Albert de Bree, IT Director, Rotterdam School of Management BV, Erasmus University via email@example.com.
Within the Innovation and IT department of Rotterdam School of Management BV, Erasmus University (RSM), we are looking for a:
IT Service Manager / Process Coordinator
The Innovation and IT (I&I) department at Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University (RSM) is the primary IT and innovation partner, within the commercial part of RSM. Aim of the I&I department is to accelerate the primary process of the organisation – education, and its many supporting functions, like marketing and sales – with ICT facilities and innovations. The I&I department is a relatively small team of about 10 colleagues. The I&I team can be characterised as customer oriented, ambitious, informal and collaborative.
The IT Service Manager will spend about 40% of her/his time on operational activities being a member of the IT Front Office . The other 60% of her/his time will be spent on communication with business on service requests/delivery, continuous improvement of our processes and ITSM tool and planning/coordination of our pool of 5 Student Assistants.
She/he works closely with the IT Service Engineer, Infrastructure Manager, IT Specialist, Application Managers CRM, Business Consultants and other staff.
Your main tasks
- Perform first line activities at a skilled Front Office, together with the IT Service Engineer and Student Assistants
- Work with RSM IT colleagues and business to deliver and improve high quality support to staff and students regarding business/education applications (Office365, MS Dynamics CRM, etc.) and devices.
- Continuously improve the IT services, support processes (ITIL based) and support tooling (ITSM).
- Coordinate recruitment, training and planning of Students Assistants providing first line IT Services.
You will be considered for this position if you :
- Have a relevant qualification at least at bachelor level (Dutch hbo-diploma) in business informatics, business administration, information management or similar
- Are ready for a 2nd /next step in your career within IT where you’ve already proven to take on additional responsibilities on business alignment of IT services and improvement of IT service processes and (ITSM-)tooling
- Have experience in planning Front Office capacity in line with peak times and handling escalations
- Have experience in performing a project management role to improve IT processes, procedures, documentation and tooling (based on ITIL)
- Experience with support of multiple IT Solutions (Microsoft knowledge) and devices (laptops, mobiles, video-equipment)
- Excellent verbal and written communication (Dutch and English language (CEFR C1)) and consulting skills.
- Live in the Netherlands within a range of about 50 kilometres from Erasmus University Rotterdam
Preferably you also have:
- experience with agile (such as Scrum, Kanban) and project management methodologies
- experience and technical knowledge with support of multiple IT-solutions and business applications
In addition to this professional knowledge, we are looking for a meticulous, customer-friendly colleague with a 'getting things done mentality’. You are able to work independently, you are a team player and you perform well when work pressure gets high. You can take initiative, make contact with others easily, and possess the necessary social assertiveness. You are willing to occasionally take part in onsite and on-call support of courses on Friday evening and Saturdays. In connection with the international character of our team, an excellent command of English is a must.
What we have to offer
We offer an ambitious, international and dynamic environment, in which we compete with the top business schools in Europe. You will be part of a close, innovation-driven team on a vibrant university campus. Your ambition and personal drive will be greatly valued and we invest in personal development.
The salary range for this specific position is € 3,500 – € 4,500 on a full-time basis. This will be decided based on your education and working experience. Part of the remuneration package is an end-of-year target bonus. RSM BV also has excellent secondary benefits and 25 vacation days plus 12 ADV days.
How to apply?
Please send your CV and cover letter (in English) to Ana Martin, HR Director. Rotterdam School of Management BV, via the application button at the top of this page.
Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University (RSM) is one of Europe’s top 10 business schools. RSM provides ground-breaking research and education furthering excellence in all aspects of management and is based in the international port city of Rotterdam – a vital nexus of business, logistics and trade. RSM’s primary focus is on developing business leaders with international careers who can become a force for positive change by carrying their innovative mindset into a sustainable future.
Our first-class range of bachelor, master, MBA, PhD and executive programmes encourage them to become critical, creative, caring and collaborative thinkers and doers. Study information and activities for future students, executives and alumni are also organised from the RSM office in Chengdu, China. www.rsm.nl
Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University is an equal opportunity employer and explicitly encourages applications from candidates of all genders, ethnicities, and nationalities.
Acquisition is not appreciated.