IT Service Manager Trainee


Date:

Friday, 16 April 2021

Department:

Innovation and IT Department

Contact Details:

Contact

For questions about the position, please contact Albert de Bree, IT Director, Rotterdam School of Management BV, Erasmus University via abree@rsm.nl.

Job description

The Innovation and IT  (I&I) department at Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University (RSM) is the primary IT and innovation partner, within the commercial part of RSM. Aim of the I&I department is to accelerate the primary process of the organisation – education, and its many supporting functions, like marketing and sales – with ICT facilities and innovations.

The I&I department is a relatively small team of about 10 colleagues. The I&I team can be characterised as customer oriented, ambitious, informal and collaborative.

The IT Service Manager will spend about 40% of her/his time on operational activities being a member of the IT Front Office . The other 60% of her/his time will be spent on communication with business on service requests/delivery, continuous improvement of our processes and  ITSM tool and planning/coordination of our pool of Student Assistants.

She/he works closely with the IT Service Engineer, Infrastructure Manager, IT Specialist, Application Managers CRM, Business Consultants and other staff.

Your main tasks

  • Perform first line activities at a skilled Front Office, together with the IT Service Engineer and Student Assistants.
  • Work with RSM IT colleagues and business to deliver and improve high quality support to staff and students regarding business/education applications (Office365, MS Dynamics CRM, etc.) and devices.
  • Continuously improve the IT services, support processes (ITIL based) and support tooling (ITSM).
  • Coordinate recruitment, training and planning of Students Assistants providing first line IT Services.

Required qualifications

You will be considered for this position if you:

  • Graduated Master Business Information Management at RSM or similar.
  • Are looking for a steep learning curve in business alignment of IT services and improvement of IT service processes and (ITSM) tooling and are eager to develop your consulting skills.
  • Have strong affinity with planning and coordination of IT activities, performing a project management roles to improve IT processes, procedures, documentation and tooling (based on ITIL).
  • Are tech-savvy and eager to gain additional technical knowledge of multiple IT office solutions (Microsoft), devices (laptops, mobiles, video-equipment) and business applications.
  • Have excellent verbal and written communication (English language (CEFR C1) and Dutch).
  • Live in the Netherlands within a range of about 50 kilometres from Erasmus University Rotterdam.

Preferably you also want to:

  • Develop your skills on agile (such as Scrum, Kanban) and project management methodologies.

In addition to this professional knowledge, we are looking for a meticulous, customer-friendly colleague with a 'getting things done mentality’.  You are able to work independently, you are a team player and you perform well when work pressure gets high. You can take initiative, make contact with others easily, and possess the necessary social assertiveness. You are willing to occasionally take part in onsite and on-call support of courses on Friday evening and Saturdays.  In connection with the international character of our team, an excellent command of English is a must.

What we have to offer

We offer an ambitious, international and dynamic environment, in which we compete with the top business schools in Europe. You will be part of a close, innovation-driven team on a vibrant university campus. Your ambition and personal drive will be greatly valued and we invest in personal development.

The salary range for this specific traineeship is € 2,500 – € 2,900 on a full-time basis. This will be decided based on your education and working experience. Part of the remuneration package is an end-of-year target bonus. RSM BV also has excellent secondary benefits and 25 vacation days plus 12 ADV days.

How to apply?

Please send your CV and cover letter (in English) to Ana Martin, HR Director. Rotterdam School of Management BV, via the application button at the top of this page.