Career Coach / Career Advisor
Tuesday, 20 April 2021
- Contact Details:
For questions about the position, please contact Joep Elemans, Director Career Centre, Rotterdam School of Management BV, Erasmus University via email@example.com
The Career Centre Department at the Rotterdam School of Management is looking for a Career Coach to join the team.
As Career Coach you are responsible for the support of our full time MBA students in the preparation to find the best suitable job, as soon as possible. With your excellent networking skills and commercial drive you build a professional network and connect our MBA students with their potential employers.
How will you do this?
- guide the MBA students through their process of understanding their career goals and discovering the job market
- help the MBA students develop necessary career skills
- coach MBA students during their recruitment process with: 1-on-1 career coaching, group coaching, development and delivery of workshops and support of (online) career tools
- maintain and expand contacts and build a network with corporate relations and RSM alumni
- attend network events to promote MBA students towards potential corporate employers
With who will you work?
You will report to the RSM Career Centre Director and work closely together with your team members which consists of an Office Manager, an Employer Relations Manager and four Career Development Managers. Furthermore you will also work with the programme management team, the alumni relations team and other staff.
How to fit this position?
To fit this position you should have:
- a Bachelor or Master degree, preferably in business, management, marketing, HRM, psychology or another related field
- three years of experience in a similar position at a business school or experience as (commercial) recruiter
- excellent communication skills in English (written and spoken) is a must, preferably native, knowledge of another European languages is an advantage
- a service-oriented, commercial drive and the spirit to get things done
- the ability to organize and execute workshops and career coaching sessions
- experience in building international professional networks and knowledge of the global job market, specifically within Europe
- the ability to work with culturally diverse students, faculty and staff
- flexibility and willingness to work outside of normal business hours
What’s in it for you?
We offer an ambitious, international and dynamic environment, in which we compete with the top business schools in Europe. You will be part of a close, dynamic team on a vibrant university campus. Your ambition and personal drive will be greatly valued and we invest in personal development.
The position is for 32 hours per week, starting as soon as possible. Normal office hours apply, with flexibility from both sides (some events might be outside of normal business hours). The salary range for this specific position is € 3.300 – € 3.900 (scale 15) on a full-time basis. This will be decided based on your education and working experience. RSM BV also has excellent secondary benefits, amongst others 25 vacation days plus 12 ADV days on a fulltime basis.
How to apply?
Please upload your CV and cover letter with motivation (in English) to Kirsten Vos, HR Officer, Rotterdam School of Management BV, via the application button.