Employer Relations Manager (maternity leave cover 6 months)
Wednesday, 15 September 2021
RSM Career Centre
- Contact Details:
In case of enquiries, you may contact Satya Autar, Employer Relations Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sunday, 31 October 2021
RSM’s mission is to be a force for positive change. RSM Career Centre (CC) enables students to be an agent of positive change by being their guide towards an impactful career. The RSM CC department consists of three teams, focussed on: BSc/MSc Career Services, MBA Career Services and Leadership Coaching.
We are looking for an Employer Relations Manager in The BSc/MSc Career Services team for six months to cover a maternity leave (Dec 2021 - April 2022)
The Employer Relations Manager aims to acquire, maintain, cultivate and further develop long-lasting relationships with potential employers, to recruit students of RSM. The employer relations strategy entails maintaining and developing an active network of organizations, including corporates, SMEs, start-ups and NGOs, all to enable students to be a force for positive change in their careers.
The Employer Relations Manager works with colleagues in the Career Centre, Programme Management, Corporate & Alumni Relations Office and with colleagues across the various offices. Your responsibilities are developing and maintaining valuable relationships between stakeholders – including potential employers, alumni and students – and acting as a coordinator between these groups in line with the RSM strategy.
The Employer Relations Manager reports directly to the Director RSM Career Centre and interacts with Career Development Managers and Programme Managers to coordinate events with potential employers with programme delivery and other Career Services.
The BSc/MSc Career Centre team consists of an office manager, two Career Development Managers, an Employer Relations Manager and three student assistants.
Your main tasks
Your goal is to develop and maintain mutually beneficial relationships between RSM and potential employers of RSM students among which corporate organizations, SMEs, start-ups, NGOs, etc.
- Relationship management: contacting potential employers to ‘sell’ employer branding and engagement opportunities with RSM students including Consultancy projects, exhibitor spots for career fairs, company presentations and skills workshops.
- Event Management: organise and coordinate company events, including the RSM Career Bootcamp in April 2022.
- Stakeholder management: develop and maintain relations with our three biggest clients: faculty, employers and students
Your daily activities and responsibilities include:
To develop and maintain relations with potential employers
- Connecting with new and existing potential employers via cold calling, emails, LinkedIn and other media as well as visiting clients to discuss and analyse their needs and advise them on the best way to collaborate.
- Develop recruitment partnerships with employers to develop a long-lasting relationship.
To organise company activities
- Connecting with Alumni, recruiters, managers and business leaders to build a fruitful long term relationship with potential employers.
- Create networking and job opportunities for RSM students;
- Build and maintain the ‘bridge’ between the school and hiring organizations.
Participating in consultancy projects
- Acquiring consultancy projects for BSc/MSc International Consulting Projects (ICP), from a diverse pool of organisations with a ‘real business’ problem for students to solve.
- Managing expectations and commitments between RSM and participating organisations as potential employers.
- Expanding relationships with participating organisations to other career services events.
- A Bachelor- or Master-level degree in Business, Marketing, HR or other related fields. MSc education will help to understand the student needs and see the opportunities to connect potential employers with students.
- A 5+ years’ experience in a client-oriented/corporate environment.
- An experience in a commercial recruitment role is preferred.
- Effective stakeholder management and engagement.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively across a range of mediums.
- You are customer-oriented with outstanding networking skills and you can cultivate and maintain long-lasting relationships.
- You can settle issues by approaching others in a well-considered manner and the ability to build up, maintain and make use of functional relationships.
- You deal with questions and requests of customers in a timely manner that is appropriate and effective.
- You are able to effectively determine personal and professional goals and priorities and you are able to take the right course of action and resources needed to achieve those goals.
- You have strong proven organisational skills
- You are a team player and you can collaborate with others on a common goal.
- You are able to formulate advice and solutions based on experience and specific expertise.
- You are fluent in English (both written and spoken).
What we offer?
This position is open for a self employed persons and temporary employees. We offer you a salary corresponding to your work experience that fits our salary scale.
In addition, you will have 25 holiday days and 12 ADV days per year based on full-time employment, travel cost reimbursement when you work at the office and participation in our collective pension scheme.
Last but not least, this is an opportunity to work in a great work environment where the business and academic world comes together. At the moment we work from home, but this will change to working in the office when possible.
Are you the recruitment professional who likes to join the RSM Career Centre as Employer Relations Manager? Do you see yourself as the person who thrives to work in an innovative, stimulating and growing environment? If so, send your CV and cover letter (in English) to Ms Georgia Kirilova, Human Resources Student Assistant, Rotterdam School of Management BV, Erasmus University, by clicking on the application button.
Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University is an equal opportunity employer and explicitly encourages applications from candidates of all genders, ethnicities and nationalities.
At RSM/Erasmus University we value internal mobility there for internal candidates are strongly encouraged to apply and preference will be given to internal candidates.
To learn more about our organization please visit our website at www.rsm.nl.
Closing date 31 October 2021
Acquisition is not appreciated