Programme managers (2 x 0.8-1.0 FTE)
Monday, 7 January 2019
BSc Programme Management
- Contact Details:
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email your motivation letter and CV to BSc Programme Management team manager Carolien Rijnsburger (firstname.lastname@example.org) before Sunday, 20 January 2019. You can also contact her by email if you have any questions about the vacancy.
Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University is an equal opportunity employer and explicitly encourages applications from candidates of all genders, ethnicities, and nationalities.
Details from this advertisement are not to be used for other marketing activities.
- Sunday, 20 January 2019
BSc Programme Management is part of the Education Services of RSM, and is responsible for the organisation of education in the Dutch-taught BSc Business Administration (BA / Bedrijfskunde) bachelor degree programme and the English-taught BSc International Business Administration (IBA) bachelor degree programme. The Programme Management team has five programme managers, an assistant programme manager, an employee responsible for timetables who also assists programme managers, a team manager, and an executive director.
Main activities and responsibilities
You will co-ordinate and organise education in the BA and IBA programmes as effectively and efficiently as possible, and manage one of the bachelor years in these three-year bachelor degree programmes. Together with your BSc Programme Management colleagues, you will be responsible for the department’s optimal performance and for the quality of services it provides. You will actively work with colleagues in your own department, with other RSM colleagues and lecturers, and with colleagues from other Erasmus University faculties, departments and teams.
As programme manager you will be responsible for:
- the co-ordination and organisation of education for the bachelor year for which you have responsibility (bachelor 1, 2 or 3) in the BA or IBA programme. Depending on your assigned year , your work may be carried out in conjunction with another programme manager
- proactively offering support and being a point of contact for students, lecturers and colleagues in matters related to education and educational processes
- in consultation with programme managers and the employee responsible for timetables, preparing a course calendar, and, after co-ordinating with lecturers, advising on lecture and examination schedules, in consultation with programme managers and the employee responsible for timetables
- preparing course manuals and newsletters, and managing information for the year for which you have responsibility on the website and information channels
- organising programme-related events such as a the programme launch each year, and information sessions applicable to the study phase of the students in your year
- identifying and analysing problem areas in the structure of education based on evaluations with students and lecturers, and developing proposals for improvement
- periodically evaluating the effectiveness and efficiency of the work activities performed and optimising these activities with colleagues, based on evidence and available management information
- further development of processes contributing to the quality of the organisation and of the BA and IBA programmes
- drafting course fees, making proposals for the general budget with regard to your year, and monitoring activities for these proposals
- attending open days and providing information about the programmes
- supervising student assistants, in consultation with your colleagues
- participating in projects and working groups in the department, and at higher levels in the organisation
Required qualifications and competencies
- Successful completion of education at hbo or bachelor level, and professional and intellectual abilities that are equal to or greater than this
- A minimum of two years of relevant work experience in higher education
- Excellent organisational abilities and a methodical approach to work
- High level of proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Applicants with knowledge of education-related systems such as Osiris and Canvas have an advantage
- Meticulous in carrying out work activities and an affinity with administrative processes
- Strong numerical skills and analytical abilities
- A sense of responsibility to the team and to the departmental effort, but also able to work independently and proactively
- Accustomed to, and smart at, dealing with multiple simultaneous tasks and deadlines
- Focused on customer service and solution-oriented
- Flexibility with time and with performing the tasks at hand to ensure the smooth running of the programme
- Good communication skills. We require candidates to have both native Dutch and fluent spoken and written English (minimum C1.1 level)
- Willingness to undertake training within the organisation and elsewhere
Terms of employment
The terms of employment are in accordance with the CAO NU (collective labour agreement for Dutch Universities). We are offering a contract for 0.8 to 1.0 FTE, initially for a year, with the prospect of an extension based on good performance. The salary range for this position is in scale 10. The salary will be based in part on education and working experience, and could therefore vary from 2,640 to 4,166 euros gross per month, based on a full-time employment contract. A temporary preliminary salary scale may be instituted.
Erasmus University offers an attractive terms of employment package, including an 8 per cent holiday allowance and an 8.3 per cent end-of-year bonus, plus a generous number of holiday days.
Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University (RSM) is one of Europe’s top 10 business schools. RSM provides ground-breaking research and education furthering excellence in all aspects of management and is based in the international port city of Rotterdam – a vital nexus of business, logistics and trade. RSM’s primary focus is on developing business leaders with international careers who can become a force for positive change by carrying their innovative mind-set into a sustainable future. Our first-class range of bachelor, master, MBA, PhD and executive programmes encourage them to become critical, creative, caring and collaborative thinkers and doers. Study information and activities for future students, executives and alumni are also organized from the RSM office in Chengdu, China. www.rsm.nl