Tuesday, 2 April 2019
- Contact Details:
Eline Geuzinge, HR Director
- Tuesday, 23 April 2019
The Innovation&IT function at Rotterdam School of Management B.V., Erasmus University (RSM) is the primary IT and innovation partner within the commercial, post experience part of RSM.
Within Innovation&IT, Information management professionals work closely together with IT specialists to accelerate the primary process of the organization and its many supporting functions, like marketing and sales, with IT facilities and innovations.
RSM is looking for a driven, ambitious Director IT, helping to take the next steps in meeting demanding customers’ needs, further advancing the IT service portfolio, professionalizing resourcing and ultimately accelerating a game-changing innovation project portfolio.
While the CIO manages the information management team, the Director IT will hold line management responsibility for an in house IT team of 8 specialists in IT infrastructure (Microsoft), CRM (Dynamics) and various other solutions (a.o. Qualtrics, Power BI, Canvas). Additionally, the Director IT manages the IT service desk flex staff. Further developing our human capital is a key part of the job.
Next to this, the Director IT manages a portfolio of external suppliers, both off and on the Erasmus Woudestein campus. Articulating a supplier strategy and a vision on IT sourcing are considered opportunities for RSM.
The Director IT is an active business partner for RSM’s business directors, continuously looking for opportunities to optimize the IT service portfolio. Managing IT resourcing for innovation projects and business events and managing incidents are also a key challenge of the job.
The Director IT will be a key sparring partner for and reports to RSM B.V.’s CIO.
- A relevant qualification at least at Bachelor level (Dutch hbo-diploma) in business informatics, business administration, information management or similar. An MSc or MBA degree is a strong plus
- Business insights and IT affinity; you understand business management challenges and provide solutions from a multidisciplinary viewpoint
- Experience in IT management and developing IT teams in changing environments
- Experience with implementing IT service management best practices (ITIL)
- Strong process optimization skills (like Lean)
- Experience with process-, information- and IT-architecture
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to effectively manage and facilitate groups
- Experience with supplier management and contract management (including designing and managing SLA’s)
- Experience with agile methods (like Scrum)
- Experience with multiple IT-platforms (Microsoft knowledge is a plus)
- Excellent command of both Dutch and English (CEFR C1).
In addition to this professional knowledge, we are looking for a meticulous, customer-friendly colleague with excellent people management skills. You are able to work independently, and you are also a team player. You can take the initiative, make contact with others easily, and have the necessary social assertiveness. Because of the international character of our organization, an excellent command of English is a must.
What we have to offer
We offer an ambitious, international and dynamic environment, in which we compete with the top business schools in Europe. You’ll be part of a close, innovation-driven team on a vibrant university campus. Your ambition and personal drive will be greatly valued and we invest in personal development.
The salary range for this specific position is €5.500 – 6.500 (scale 19) based on education and working experience. Part of the remuneration package is an end of the year target bonus. Furthermore, RSM BV has excellent secondary benefits with amongst others a fully paid pension and a generous number of 37 vacation days.
How to apply?
Please send a CV and cover letter (in English) to Eline Geuzinge, HR Director, Rotterdam School of Management BV, through the application button at the top right.
Closing date: April 23, 2019.
Primary: Patrick Boom, IT Director a.i., Rotterdam School of Management BV, Erasmus University firstname.lastname@example.org
Richard Hageman Chief Information Officer, Rotterdam School of Management BV, Erasmus University (email@example.com)
Acquisition is not appreciated.