Open-rank tenure-track faculty positions in information systems
Wednesday, 1 May 2019
Technology and Operations Management, section Business Information Management (BIM).
- Contact Details:
Applicants should send a complete package to us via email@example.com with subject title ‘Tenure-track position’.
Your application should include:
- a motivation letter
- job market paper
- concise research and teaching statement
- teaching evaluations or statements
- at least two recommendation letters.
Review of applications begins immediately, and will continue until the position is filled, but not later than 30 November, 2019. We will interview shortlisted candidates at 2019 ECIS / AOM / CIST / INFORMS / ICIS or via Skype if you cannot attend these conferences.
For questions about the positions, please contact Prof. Ting Li via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Saturday, 30 November 2019
Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University (RSM) invites applications for two open-rank tenure-track faculty positions in Information Systems, starting in September 2020. The position is in RSM’s department of Technology and Operations Management, section Business Information Management (BIM).
The rank for the position is assistant professor or associate professor. Final year PhD candidates, assistant professors and associate professors are invited to apply. The possibility of starting in January 2020 can be discussed.
Qualifications and responsibilities
We are looking for candidates with:
- a PhD in information systems, marketing, economics, management and organisation, computer science, management science, statistics or related fields
- a strong commitment to high-quality research as well as evidence of their ability to conduct impactful work and to publish in top journals
- an interest across various areas of information systems research and research methodologies
- research that complements on-going work in the department, particularly in the areas of business analytics, digital marketing, online platforms, technology-related innovation, data privacy, smart cities, and energy information systems
- an appreciation for academic research linked to real-world problems to create impact both to the academic community and the business community
- the ability to play a key role in the department’s academic programmes at undergraduate, master, MBA, and PhD levels.
RSM provides tenure-track faculty with an internationally outstanding research environment exemplified by a light teaching load and financial support for research activities. The position comes with a competitive salary which complies with the collective labour agreement for Dutch Universities (CAO NU). Favourable tax agreements may apply to international applicants. Erasmus University Rotterdam has attractive employment conditions, which include a holiday allowance of 8 per cent, an end-of-year bonus of 8.3 per cent, and a generous number of vacation days.
RSM Business Information Management
The BIM section of the department of Technology and Operations Management at RSM offers the MSc in Business Information Management, one of Europe’s largest master programmes in information systems with more than 250 new students every year. The programme delivers in-depth knowledge from theoretical and practical perspectives (www.rsm.nl/bim). In addition, a new Master of Business Analytics programme will be launched in the next academic year.
The BIM section has a large, young and highly international faculty. The 14 full-time research-active faculty members have been educated at renowned institutions in Europe, the USA, and Asia. We have a strong research and teaching tradition, and an international orientation both to the academic community and the business community. We are active members of the Erasmus Center for Data Analytics (https://www.rsm.nl/ecda/).
Please visit our website for more information:
- RSM: www.rsm.nl
- Department of Technology & Operations Management: www.rsm.nl/research/departments/technology-and-operations-management
- MSc Business Information Management: www.rsm.nl/bim
Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University (RSM) is one of Europe’s top 10 business schools. RSM provides ground-breaking research and education furthering excellence in all aspects of management and is based in the international port city of Rotterdam – a vital nexus of business, logistics and trade. RSM’s primary focus is on developing business leaders with international careers who can become a force for positive change by carrying their innovative mindset into a sustainable future. Our first-class range of bachelor, master, MBA, PhD and executive programmes encourage them to become critical, creative, caring and collaborative thinkers and doers. Study information and activities for future students, executives and alumni are also organised from the RSM office in Chengdu, China. www.rsm.nl
RSM is an equal opportunity employer and explicitly encourages applications from candidates of all genders, ethnicities, and nationalities.