Digital Projects and Services Manager
Thursday, 6 June 2019
Corporate Marketing and Communications department (CMC)
- Contact Details:
For more information about the position, or to send your application, contact Ivar Ros via email@example.com
- Sunday, 30 June 2019
Do you enjoy making digital communications effective? Do you like working with people – online and offline? Is there a geeky core to your management skills? Then you might be our new
Digital Projects and Services Manager
at Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University (RSM). You’d be the supervisor within the Digital Projects and Services team. The role focuses on team coaching, advising management, and planning and managing larger technical development projects in the area of marketing and communication.
The rest of the team consists of a Digital Projects Consultant, a Services Consultant, and an Online Data Specialist, who are supported by a Maintenance Officer and three student assistants. Your team is responsible for RSM’s online infrastructure and is part of our Corporate Marketing and Communications department (CMC). We work closely with the online marketing departments of RSM’s academic programmes and with internal developers, system engineers and IT consultants to develop and manage our online infrastructure.
Responsibilities and tasks:
- Help shape and implement RSM’s online marketing and communication strategy to achieve and match the broader strategy and goals of the school.
- Provide advice and support to the Dean and other members of RSM Executive Board when necessary.
- Supervise and coach the daily operations of the Digital Projects and Services team.
- Ensure digital projects honour an overall strategy, are customer-focused, are in line with the RSM style guide, and ’push the envelope with innovations.
- Be a part of the creative ideation process in creating new projects to further advance the digital marketing and communication instruments of the school.
- Manage small- and large-scale projects surrounding digital marketing and communication initiatives within available resources.
- Consult and advise programmes and departments concerning the use of the digital marketing tool palette.
- Optimise the project management process within the CMC team (including workflows and project management) to ensure optimal working processes with IT and other internal and external parties.
- Advise, support and report to the Director Corporate Marketing and Communications, and achieve synergies in communications by working closely with the rest of the Corporate Marketing and Communications team.
- An overall positive reputation for the CMC and Digital Projects and Services team within the School, its faculty, programmes and research.
- A digital marketing and communications infrastructure that is at least on par with our international peer group of business schools.
- A proactive role on innovation and advice towards the School, its faculty, programmes and within the CMC team.
- Implementation of a well-balanced digital project strategy and way of working within the team.
- A strong personal network inside and outside of RSM, enabling to achieve the stated objectives.
Qualifications and skills:
As RSM’s Digital Projects and Services Manager, we expect you to be a strong people manager, coach, networker and relationship manager with customer focus. For this, you should:
- be a team player with a positive attitude and willingness to be flexible and get the job done
- have experience in managing a team that works in a dynamic and demanding environment
- hold qualifications from higher professional education (Dutch hbo) or university-level
- have strong interpersonal skills to interact on all levels and take action when needed
- be able to take initiative and to work independently
- have knowledge and experience in in-depth project and process management (Agile, Prince2 & Scrum)
- have broad and up-to-date knowledge of digital marketing and communication subjects, contentmanagement, user experience and web design
- have experience and affinity with digital marketing technologies, strategies, and instruments
- know all about web analysis and measurement
- be able to communicate and present in English (C1 level).
The conditions of employment correspond with the collective labour agreement for Dutch Universities (CAO NU). Salary ranking is based on education and experience, and may vary from a minimum of € 4,406 to a maximum of € 5,656 gross per month (scale 12 CAO NU), based on a full-time contract of 38 hours.
Erasmus University has attractive employment conditions, which include a holiday allowance of 8 per cent, an end-of-year bonus of 8.3 per cent, and a considerate amount of vacation days.
How to apply
For more information about the position, or to send your application, contact Ivar Ros via firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can send any material you think will best support your application. This includes items such as a CV, a motivation letter, or examples of your work in various media formats, and testimonials. The application deadline for this position is 30 June 2019.
Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University (RSM) is one of Europe’s top 10 business schools. RSM provides ground-breaking research and education furthering excellence in all aspects of management and is based in the international port city of Rotterdam – a vital nexus of business, logistics and trade. RSM’s primary focus is on developing business leaders with international careers who can become a force for positive change by carrying their innovative mindset into a sustainable future. Our first-class range of bachelor, master, MBA, PhD and executive programmes encourage them to become critical, creative, caring and collaborative thinkers and doers. Study information and activities for future students, executives and alumni are also organised from the RSM office in Chengdu, China. www.rsm.nl
RSM is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from qualifying candidates of all genders, ethnicities, and nationalities.