Monday, 1 July 2019
- Contact Details:
If you see yourself as a person who thrives to work in an innovative, stimulating and growing environment, please send in a CV and cover letter (in English) to Mr. Richard van Vliet, HR Officer, Rotterdam School of Management BV, Erasmus University, through the application button below.
Closing date July 31, 2019.
- Wednesday, 31 July 2019
Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University is the business school of Erasmus University Rotterdam. It is internationally recognized for its excellence and innovation in management education and research, and is particularly well known for the development of international business leaders. RSM offers a broad portfolio of Bachelor, Master, PhD, MBA and Executive Education programmes, and is consistently ranked amongst the top 10 European business schools.
RSM BV as part of the business school is a company operating in the dynamic and challenging world of post-experience management education. With 130 employees, we offer an array of MBA and Executive Education programs that empower individuals to succeed amidst the complexities of modern international commerce to become the business leaders of tomorrow. We look for staff that see change as a challenge and are willing to be creative and innovative in helping us to reach our goals and those of our students.
We are looking for an analytic and experienced Control professional, who has the ability to work in a culturally diverse environment to join our Finance team as Business Controller (1.0 fte/40h).
The Business Controller reports to the Executive Director of Operations of RSM BV directly. The Finance Department further consists of a Finance Manager, two Finance Officers, and a Project Controller. Aim of the job as Business Controller is to perform financial analysis, develop financial planning processes, take an active role in the budget and forecasting process, complete regular financial reviews, and deliver accurate financial reports both internally and externally. The Business Controller works closely with the Statutory Directors, the Finance Manager, and other stakeholders in- and outside RSM BV.
Tasks and responsibilities
The Business Controller will:
- Proactively advise (statutory) Directors and managers regarding strategic business opportunities and risks which have financial and fiscal implications for the school
- Prepare monthly financial management information for Directors and other stakeholders
- Produce a consolidated budget and make suggestions for adjustments
- Comply with legal regulations and ensure that financial risks are managed and improved
In order to successfully perform this role you
- Have a relevant academic degree (Bachelor or Master)
- Have extensive experience (at least 5 years) as a Business Controller, preferably in an international environment within the service industry;
- Have experience in setting up systems and procedures in an efficient and effective manner;
- Have the ability to think strategically and translate strategy into effective and efficient action;
- Have an independent, flexible and proactive attitude;
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Dutch.
We are looking for a new colleague with a fit to our core values:
The salary range for this specific position is EUR 4.800 – 5.600 (based on fulltime employment). Ranking depends on education and working experience. Furthermore, RSM has excellent secondary benefits with amongst others a fully paid pension by RSM. You will start with a contract duration of 1 year.
As part of our recruitment procedure, applicants may be expected to fill in the Predictive Index Behavioural Assessment Questionnaire. For more information on PI, please visit their website.
Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University is an equal opportunity employer and explicitly encourages applications from candidates of all genders, ethnicities and nationalities.
To learn more about our organization please visit our website at http://www.rsm.nl.
Acquisition is not appreciated.