Monday, 12 August 2019
- Contact Details:
If you see yourself as the person who thrives to work in an innovating, stimulating and growing environment, please submit your CV and cover letter (in English) by clicking on the application button below.
Y. Bosch, HR Officer, Rotterdam School of Management BV, Erasmus University.
- Saturday, 31 August 2019
Rotterdam School of Management BV, Erasmus University is the business school of EUR. It is internationally recognized for its excellence and innovation in management education and research, and is particularly well known for the development of international business leaders. RSM offers a broad portfolio of Bachelor, Master, PhD, MBA and Executive Education programmes, and is consistently ranked amongst the top 10 European business schools.
RSM BV is an international company operating in the dynamic and challenging world of post-experience management education. We offer an array of MBA and Executive Education & Development programs that empower individuals to succeed amidst the complexities of modern international commerce to become the business leaders of tomorrow. We look for staff that see change as a challenge and are willing to be creative and innovative in helping us to reach our goals and those of our students.
We are looking for a service oriented individual who has the ability to work in a culturally diverse environment to join our Restaurant team as Catering Officer (fulltime).
The Catering Officer reports directly to the Head Chef. The Catering Officer assists the Head Chef in directing temporary catering personnel and student assistants. In addition the Catering Officer assists the Head chef preparing food and beverages.
Aim of the job
The aim of the job of the Catering Officer is assisting the Head Chef to manage the aspects of catered events from preparation, set-up through service, break-down and clean-up. The Catering Officer supports the Head Chef to ensure standards for safety, sanitation, quality, presentation and maintenance of customer satisfaction at all times. And additionally maintains the kitchens and coffee machines on all floors concerning sanitation, presentation and re-stocking.
Specifically this means:
- Assisting the Head Chef with:
- Coordinating and directing student and temporary staff
- Preparing food and beverages
- In building the buffets
- Maintaining stock levels and ordering new supplies as directed
- Planning of work and tasks
- Coordinating catered events
- Takeover of work in the absence of Head Chef
- Ensuring health and safety regulations (ISO-norms/HACCP) are strictly observed
- Monitoring the quality of the product and service provided
- Monitoring of the presentation and stock of all buffets
- Evaluate critical your own and your colleagues’ work
- Be the first point of contact for customers
- Interacting with customers
- Maintaining and cleaning all dining and drinking areas on the ground- to the 4th floor of the J building including Break out rooms and airplane seats
- Ensuring coffee machines are clean and filled with coffee and water no later than 8:00am on a daily basis in Bayle building and external buildings
- Ensuring dining area(s) for catered events are promptly cleaned and maintained, by third parties or yourselves, in Bayle building and external buildings
- Have your “Mice en place” in order for the next day
- Be aware of your surroundings and adapt to the changes
- Change your task when asked
- Be proactive and help were needed
Preferably educational level at Dutch MBO+ level (catering-, hotel management education)
- Minimum of four years’ experience in a catering team
- Customer service focused
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively in Dutch and in English.
- Knowledge of food preparation, presentation and customer service is a must
- Computer skills (MS office)
- Possessing a SVH and HACCP certificate is desirable. An allergy certificate is a pre.
- Ability to work flexible schedule as events may dictate i.e. evenings, Saturdays (no Sundays)
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English
- Ability to gear his own efforts towards needs and wishes of both internal and external customers
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Ability to act rapidly and adequately when the work situation requires.
- Service-oriented, friendly team player, with a hands-on and proactive attitude.
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with different offices and other stakeholders connected to RSM and take actions when needed tactfully
The salary for this specific position is €2238,- (scale 11) this is based on a fulltime employment. RSM offers excellent secondary benefits with amongst others a fully paid pension by the RSM. In addition most working days will be from 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM, a handfull of evenings a year and approximately 25 Saturday’s a year. Sunday we are closed.
As part of our recruitment procedure, applicants may be expected to fill in the Predictive Index Behavioural Assessment Questionnaire. For more information on PI, please visit their website.
Closing date: august 31, 2019.
Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University is an equal opportunity employer and explicitly encourages applications from candidates of all genders, ethnicities and nationalities. At RSM/Erasmus University we value internal mobility there for internal candidates are strongly encouraged to apply and preference will be given to internal candidates.
To learn more about our organization please visit our website at http://www.rsm.nl.
Acquisition is not appreciated.