Thursday, 12 September 2019
- Contact Details:
Y. Bosch, HR Officer, Rotterdam School of Management BV, Erasmus University.
- Saturday, 26 October 2019
Rotterdam School of Management BV, Erasmus University is the business school of EUR. It is internationally recognized for its excellence and innovation in management education and research, and is particularly well known for the development of international business leaders. RSM offers a broad portfolio of Bachelor, Master, PhD, MBA and Executive Education programmes, and is consistently ranked amongst the top 10 European business schools.
RSM BV is an international company operating in the dynamic and challenging world of post-experience management education. We offer an array of MBA and Executive Education & Development programs that empower individuals to succeed amidst the complexities of modern international commerce to become the business leaders of tomorrow. We look for staff that see change as a challenge and are willing to be creative and innovative in helping us to reach our goals and those of our students.
We are looking for a service oriented individual who has the ability to work in a culturally diverse environment to join our Restaurant team as Cook (32h / 40h).
The Cook reports directly to the Manager Hospitality & Operations. The Cook works closely with the Food & Beverage Manager and directs catering personnel. In addition the Cook is responsible for the menu engineering and developing of the banqueting books. Also the Cook will be closely involved in the expanding and rebuilding of the restaurant and kitchen.
Aim of the job
The aim of the job of the Cook is to manage all aspects of the execution of catered requests, meaning; preparation, set-up through service, break-down and clean-up. Provides consistent supervision to catering staff to ensure standards for safety, sanitation, quality, presentation and maintenance of customer satisfaction at all times.
Specifically this means:
- Training permanent and temporary staff
- Organising and leading the catering team
- Establishing work schedules
- Managing and instructing cantina personnel including performance evaluations
- Budgeting for events/activities
- Keeping financial and administrative records
- Monitoring own budget
- Ensuring health and safety regulations (HACCP) are strictly observed
- Monitoring the quality of the product and service provided
- Maintaining stock levels and ordering new supplies as required
- Planning of work and tasks
- Comes up with innovative ideas concerning trends in the Horeca
- Creates an assortment based on the target group
- Focus on sustainability and waste reduction
- Creative and divers
Educational level at least comparable to middle education (MBO), BBL or BOL level 3 or 4.
Alternatively, with extensive relevant working experience, qualification is also possible.
- Minimum of five year experience in supervising a kitchen and/or catering team
- Customer service focused.
- Demonstrate strong supervisory and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively in both written and oral format, as well as in Dutch as in English.
- Knowledge of food preparation, presentation and customer service a must.
- Minimum of five year experience in (financial) administration kitchen/restaurant
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Ability to work flexible schedule as events may dictate.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English
- Ability to gear his own efforts towards needs and wishes of both internal and external customers
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Ability to effectively determine goals, priorities and time required, indicates courses of action and resources needed to achieve particular goals.
- Ability to act rapidly and adequately when the work situation requires.
- People manager
- Service-oriented, friendly team player, with a hands-on and proactive attitude.
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with different offices and other stakeholders connected to RSM and take actions when needed tactfully
Most working days will be from 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM, a handful of evenings a year and approximately 25 Saturdays a year. Sunday we are closed.
If you see yourself as the person who thrives to work in an innovating, stimulating and growing environment, please submit your CV and cover letter (in English) by clicking on the application button below.
As part of our recruitment procedure, applicants may be expected to fill in the Predictive Index Behavioural Assessment Questionnaire. For more information on PI, please visit their website.
Closing date: October 26, 2019.
Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University is an equal opportunity employer and explicitly encourages applications from candidates of all genders, ethnicities and nationalities. At RSM/Erasmus University we value internal mobility there for internal candidates are strongly encouraged to apply and preference will be given to internal candidates. To learn more about our organization please visit our website at http://www.rsm.nl.
Acquisition is not appreciated.