Research Information Officer (0.8 FTE)
Monday, 2 December 2019
Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM)
- Contact Details:
Please submit your application to email@example.com.
- Monday, 6 January 2020
As a research information officer, you will be expected to:
- support the collection, provision and analysis of accurate, timely and high-quality data of ERIM researchers and their research output
- input data into the data management systems, proactively review and verify the data, raise queries and resolve issues as required
- monitor and maintain the integrity of data held within the internal Research Information System (RIS) by developing and applying thorough knowledge of its structure and configuration, taking a lead role in providing practical solutions to immediate issues and supporting the continuous improvement processes
- work closely with various internal stakeholders within faculties and across university, such as researchers, University Library, policy officers, communication officers and management teams
- play a vital role in demonstrating the academic and societal impact of our research and fulfilling the reporting requirements of our accreditation agencies, assessment protocols and external funders
- proactively propose and implement projects and activities that lead to enhanced research information reporting and research intelligence.
You are eligible for this role if you can demonstrate:
- academic educational level
- experience in a similar role in higher education is a pré
- broad understanding of the research life cycle, specifically the relations between publishing, registering research output, matrices and demonstrating impact
- proven experience of linking, extracting and crosschecking data from multiple data sets and producing accurate data reports as well as demonstrable ability to maintain, analyse and present data sets
- ability to take ownership of tasks and act independently in light of shifting priorities
- excellent communication skills and strong costumer-orientation
- ability to manage relationships effectively
- project management skills (PRINCE2 and/or SCRUM)
- experience with tools like, for example, SciVal, Pure, InCites, Web of Science, VOSviewer, Endnote, Mendeley, and Altmetric
- good command of spoken and written Dutch and English language.
Conditions of employment
Erasmus University Rotterdam has excellent employment condition.
- Initial contract is one year with a possibility of extension and permanent appointment
- A dynamic and international work environment with room for initiative
- Salary according to experience, with a maximum of € 4,274 gross per month (scale 9/10, CAO NU)
- 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end of year allowance
- Extensive range of secondary benefits in line with the CAO NU
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
If you’re inspired by this exciting opportunity and have the right skills to help us to manage and demonstrate the impact of our world-leading research, we would be delighted to hear from you.
Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Monday 6 January 2020. The role starts on or before 1 March 2020.
Erasmus University Rotterdam (EUR), named after Rotterdam-born humanist and theologian Desiderius Erasmus, is a research university with a strong international orientation and a pronounced social focus, both in its education and research activities. On the lively, modern campus, more than 28,000 students and scholars of more than 100 nationalities are constantly encouraged to develop their talents and meet their ambition. Our more than 2,700 scientists and employees work together with all our students to solve challenges faced by global society, drawing their inspiration from the consistently dynamic and cosmopolitan city of Rotterdam. The academic education offered at our faculties is intensive, engaging and strongly focused on practical application. We increasingly perform our research in multidisciplinary teams, which are closely interwoven with international networks. In terms of research impact and the quality of its degree programmes, EUR can compete with the foremost universities in Europe, which is reflected in its consistent top 100 position in most major universities rankings. Erasmus University Rotterdam’s key values are daring, curiosity, social involvement, breaking new ground and striving for success. www.eur.nl
Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM) is the research institute of management at Erasmus University Rotterdam, founded by Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University (RSM) and Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), both of which excel in their research and teaching programmes. The level and international character of their research and teaching programmes has put both schools at the forefront of academic excellence. They offer a diversified portfolio of accredited teaching and research programmes, ranging from pre-experience MSc to postgraduate masters and executive development, and from fundamental research to applied research and business support, which are renowned throughout the world. RSM is one of the few schools worldwide that holds a triple accreditation from the AMBAs, EQUIS and the AASCB, and is positioned among the top European business schools. The scientific staff of both schools plays a major role in the schools’ interaction with the international business community.
ERIM distinguishes itself by the high-level and international character of its research and is among the top research institutes in Europe. ERIM’s key aims are top-quality academic research with impact both on academia and managerial practice, and the advancement of international academic careers and high-level support for both research and doctoral education. www.erim.eur.nl