Front Office Manager
Wednesday, 18 December 2019
- Contact Details:
- Friday, 31 January 2020
Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University is the business school of Erasmus University Rotterdam. It is internationally recognized for its excellence and innovation in management education and research, and is particularly well known for the development of international business leaders. RSM offers a broad portfolio of Bachelor, Master, PhD, MBA and Executive Education programmes, and is consistently ranked amongst the top 10 European business schools.
RSM BV as part of the business school is a company operating in the dynamic and challenging world of post-experience management education. With 130 employees, we offer an array of MBA and Executive Education programs that empower individuals to succeed amidst the complexities of modern international commerce to become the business leaders of tomorrow. We look for staff that see change as a challenge and are willing to be creative and innovative in helping us to reach our goals and those of our students.
We are looking for a professional, representative and service-oriented Front Office Manager (0.8-1.0 FTE) with managerial experience who has the ability to work in a culturally diverse environment to join our team.
The Front Office Manager reports to the Hospitality & Operations Manager, and is responsible for supervising the Reception Desk Officers, and for coordinating working shifts to ensure complete and continuous staffing of the Reception Desk, and coverage of the Dean’s Office during working hours. The Front Office Manager Coordinator interacts with students, visitors, RSM staff, Erasmus University Employees, suppliers, travel agencies, and mail/courier companies. She/he is responsible for performing annual assessment and coaching for direct reports, but is also able to fulfil the duties required in both the Dean’s Office and the Reception Desk. The Front Office Manager is responsible for taking minutes in Directors Team Meetings and official Board meetings. Confidentiality and integrity are of the upmost importance.
Tasks and responsibilities
The Front Office Manager:
- Manages and coordinates Reception Desk and Dean’s Office personnel, who are engaged in administrative and front office activities.
- Performs evaluations and coaches Reception Desk Officers to ensure high performance levels and employee satisfaction
- Takes minutes at Directors Team meetings, Board Meetings, and supporting Directors and Deans in their daily tasks including schedules.
- Translates official documents from Dutch to English and vice-versa
- Maintains a register of legal contracts and documents
- Liaises as required with the academic departments and the College van Bestuur
- Coordinates student housing support
In order to successfully perform this role you
- Have a relevant academic degree (Bachelor) or equivalent through experience
- Have at least three years of experience managing a small to medium-sized team
- Have at least three years of experience in a similar position, preferably in an international educational environment.
- Have Excellent knowledge of MS office; knowledge of CRM is a pre
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills in Dutch and English
- Have a professional appearance and representation
- Are customer service-oriented
- Are able to work accurately and meticulously
We are looking for a new colleague with a fit to our core values:
The salary range for this specific position is EUR 3.339 – 3.684 (based on fulltime employment). Ranking depends on education and working experience. Furthermore, RSM has excellent secondary benefits with amongst others a fully paid pension by RSM. You will start with a contract duration of 1 year.
If you see yourself as a person who thrives to work in an innovative, stimulating and growing environment, please send in a CV and cover letter (in English) to Ms. Ana Martin, HR Director, Rotterdam School of Management BV, Erasmus University, through the application button below.
Closing date January 31, 2020.
As part of our recruitment procedure, applicants may be expected to fill in the Predictive Index Behavioural Assessment Questionnaire. For more information on PI, please visit their website.
Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University is an equal opportunity employer and explicitly encourages applications from candidates of all genders, ethnicities and nationalities. To learn more about our organization please visit our website at http://www.rsm.nl.
Acquisition is not appreciated.