Employer Relations Manager
Friday, 31 January 2020
RSM Career Center
- Contact Details:
- Saturday, 29 February 2020
Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University (RSM) is one of Europe’s top 10 business schools. RSM provides ground-breaking research and education furthering excellence in all aspects of management and is based in the international port city of Rotterdam – a vital nexus of business, logistics and trade. RSM’s primary focus is on developing business leaders with international careers who can become a force for positive change by carrying their innovative mind-set into a sustainable future. Our first-class range of bachelor, master, MBA, PhD and executive programmes encourage them to become critical, creative, caring and collaborative thinkers and doers. Study information and activities for future students, executives and alumni are also organised from the RSM office in Chengdu, China. www.rsm.nl
About the vacancy
RSM’s mission is to be a force for positive change. The RSM Career Centre (CC) enables students to be a force for positive change by being their guide towards an impactful career. The RSM CC department consists of three teams, focussed on: MBA Career Services, BSc/MSc Career Services and Leadership Coaching.
The Employer Relations Manager is part of the BSc/MSc team and reports to the Director RSM Career Centre. He/she works closely together with colleagues in the RSM Career Centre, Programme Management and the Alumni Relations team, to support the client populations of (full time) BSc and MSc students and potential employers.
Aim of the job
The Employer Relations Manager is responsible for the creation of events with potential employers to improve the employability of these RSM Students. Activities include acquisition of internships, jobs and Consulting Projects. He/She is also responsible to attract companies to recruitment events.
These activities should support students in labour market orientation, finding internships, finding jobs and should offer networking opportunities with potential employers during on-campus events.
The BSc/MSc Career Centre team consists of five employees; a career coach, an office manager, a Senior Employer Relations Manager and two student–assistants.
The Employer Relations Manager engages in managing relationships with potential employers of organisations, which would like to employ RSM students. He/She will be in touch with stakeholders like students and other RSM-departments regularly. The role is very varied combining short-term actions like emails, calls and company visits, with long-term projects, including acquisition trajectories for Career Fairs. Next to ample teamwork, the role offers room to work on individual tasks and gives the possibility to be creative and implement new ideas.
- Pro-active, extravert personality: taking initiative and a pragmatic attitude
- Cultivating and maintaining relationships: experience in relationship management with relevant sales skills
- Excellent communication skills and highly service oriented
- Effort and involvement: dynamic and flexible approach within the team and towards clients
- Bachelor- or Master-level degree education.
- At least three years of experience in a similar position, preferably as consultant of a recruitment firm or as corporate recruiter
- Excellent communication skills in English (written and spoken) is a must, preferably native
- Good communication skills in Dutch
- Able to work with culturally diverse students, faculty and staff.
- Flexible and willing to work outside of normal business hours.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience in building an international professional network
- Knowledge of the global job marketplace, specifically in Europe
- Work experience in an international business environment is an advantage
Do you see yourself as the person who thrives to work in an innovative, stimulating and growing environment? And are you looking forward to a role as Employer Relations Manager? Please send your CV and cover letter (in English) to Ms A. Mafubo, Human Resources Manager, Rotterdam School of Management BV, Erasmus University, by clicking on the application button below. In case of enquiries, you may contact Joep Elemans, Director RSM Career Center, 0622410485.
Closing date February 29, 2020.
As part of our recruitment procedure, applicants may be expected to fill in the Predictive Index Behavioural Assessment Questionnaire. For more information on PI, please visit their website.
Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University is an equal opportunity employer and explicitly encourages applications from candidates of all genders, ethnicities and nationalities. At RSM/Erasmus University we value internal mobility there for internal candidates are strongly encouraged to apply and preference will be given to internal candidates. To learn more about our organization please visit our website at http://www.rsm.nl.
Acquisition is not appreciated.