Programme manager MSc
Monday, 23 March 2020
MSc Programmes at Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University
- Contact Details:
Further information about the position can be obtained by emailing Dr Gabi Helfert (firstname.lastname@example.org) .
- Wednesday, 15 April 2020
Programme manager MSc
As a programme manager, you will have overall responsibility for the daily management and logistics of several Master of Science (MSc) programmes, and lead or participate in strategic and process improvement projects. You will report to the executive director MSc programmes and work closely with three other MSc programme managers, a programme assistant, and student assistants. Part of the job is to liaise with multiple other units, such as the Examination Board, the Examination Administration, the student advisers, the International Office, Career Services, the Alumni Office, and the Recruitment and Admissions Office. You’ll also have frequent contact with teaching staff and students.
Your main tasks:
- The design and implementation of the year plan for your programme(s)
- Correct and timely registration of students in programmes, courses and exams
- The implementation of elements of the quality control cycle, such as course evaluations
- Liaise with academic directors to provide an optimal support structure for the respective programme(s)
- Be the principle point of contact for students for logistical and organisational issues
- Liaise with departmental colleagues on relevant issues, for example the Examination Board, International Office, Admissions, and the Career Centre
- Organise programme-related events such as introductory activities for new students
- Advise on, initiate and implement process improvements, and update existing process documentation
- Contribute to marketing and recruitment activities
- Create an enjoyable study experience for master students.
- Higher education degree, preferably university (wo), at least university of applied science (hbo)
- Excellent command of English (minimum CEFR level C1, speaking and writing)
- Advanced command of Dutch (minimum CEFR level B1)
- Excellent communication skills
- Affinity with administrative processes, databases, and analytic IT tools
- High level of accuracy
- Ability to handle multiple processes and projects in parallel
- Optimistic and strong problem-solving attitude
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Ability to liaise effectively and efficiently with stakeholders such as students, academic directors, instructors, team colleagues, and other RSM and Erasmus University colleagues
- Customer-friendly attitude
- Ability to cope with demanding students
- Ideally: two years of relevant work experience in a similar role in international higher education.
- Analytical capacity
- Planning and organising
- Stress resistance
The conditions of employment comply with the collective labour agreement for Dutch Universities (CAO NU). We offer a contract of 0.8-1.0 FTE per week, from 1 June until 31 December 2020.
Salary is subject to training and experience and may vary from a minimum of € 2,579 (scale 8 CAO NU) up to a maximum of € 4,274 (scale 10 CAO NU) gross per month, based on a full-time contract of 38 hours per week.
Erasmus University has attractive employment conditions, which include a holiday allowance of 8 per cent, an end-of-year bonus of 8.3 per cent, and a generous number of vacation days.
If you are interested in this temporary position and possess the necessary qualifications, please send a letter of application and résumé ( ) to email@example.com. Please note that we will consider applications from candidates who are not proficient in both English (minimum level C1) and Dutch (minimum level B1). Non-EEA nationals are requested to indicate whether they have a valid work permit for the Netherlands. The application deadline is . Interviews will take place in the week of 20 April, depending on the further development regarding coronavirus measures either on campus or online. .
Acquisition is not appreciated.
Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University (RSM) is one of Europe’s top business schools. RSM provides ground-breaking research and education furthering excellence in all aspects of management and is based in the international port city of Rotterdam – a vital nexus of business, logistics and trade. RSM’s primary focus is on developing business leaders with international careers who can become a force for positive change by carrying their innovative mindset into a sustainable future. Our first-class range of bachelor, master, MBA, PhD and executive programmes encourage them to become critical, creative, caring and collaborative thinkers and doers. Study information and activities for future students, executives and alumni are also organised from the RSM office in Chengdu, China. www.rsm.nl
RSM is an equal opportunity employer and explicitly encourages applications from candidates of all genders, ethnicities, and nationalities.