As the EUR alumni communications officer, you’re part of the Erasmus Alumni Relations team (EART). You develop and deliver integrated communications to our network of 140,000+ international alumni. You do this in part by focusing on increasing the reach and effectiveness of digital communications.
You understand that our alumni communications campaigns must champion the objectives and messaging of EUR. And that those campaigns need to reflect the preferences and interests of our stakeholders, and be informed by research, feedback and rigorous analysis of online communications performance. This is where your excellent networking skills come into play, within the university as well as externally throughout our alumni network.
Acting as an alumni communications consultant, you guide others from the university who communicate with the Erasmus University Rotterdam alumni community. You’re the creator of the communications planning and process. As such, you enable the delivery of best practices for alumni communications, and you ensure the delivery of coherent messaging and an appropriate tone of voice for our alumni audience.
Working from an office within RSM in partnership with fellow alumni professionals, you lead the way in the creation of a first-class alumni relations service for Erasmus University Rotterdam. As alumni communications officer, you report to the director of alumni relations for EUR and RSM.
Your main tasks
- Develop and deliver long-term/annual communications campaigns according to a comprehensive plan for coordinating the alumni communications output of EUR
- Source and coordinate alumni-focused content for EUR (social media) channels, together with copywriters and designers, and manage the channels accordingly
- Produce communication material for internal use; e.g., internal presentations, reporting templates, content templates
- Analyse results to ensure the continuous improvement of EUR’s alumni communications programme
- Source and follow up on PR opportunities which showcase alumni and raise the profile of EUR
- Provide advice and support to EUR colleagues and ensure their efforts align with the overall communications strategy
- Fluent or near-native Dutch and English (minimum B1) language skills, written and spoken
- A proactive approach to identifying opportunities for improving the communications plan
- Ability to prioritise your own workload and remain motivated
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
- An interest in higher education and a genuine understanding of the strategic importance of alumni and supporter engagement
- Previous experience in a communications role as well as experience in writing content for print and online publications
- Experience accumulating and analysing online metrics and digital communications
Your required competencies
We are looking for candidates who:
- have a talent for cultivating and maintaining relationships.
- have a natural way of engaging with and servicing internal and external customers.
- know how to manage expectations and conflicts, and how to solve problems when required.
- take responsibility and work independently.
- work systematically and consistently with action lists and allocate their work hours efficiently.
An interesting full-time position for you if you’re looking to develop yourself in the communications profession in an inspirational organisation that is highly socially involved.
You work from an office located at RSM. EART works closely with RSM’s Corporate and Alumni Relations team and forms a community of alumni professionals at EUR. You can discuss working certain days from home, but you should be in the office for important meetings. Furthermore, you are prepared to occasionally work in the evenings and on certain weekends.
If you’re the right person for this position, we’ll offer you a full-time contract for an initial period of 12 months. Thereafter, we offer you the possibility for a permanent contract upon satisfactory performance.
The conditions of employment comply with the collective labour agreement for Dutch Universities (CAO NU). Salary is subject to training and experience and may vary from a minimum of €2,960 up to a maximum of €4,670 (scale 10 CAO NU) gross per month, based on a full-time contract of 38 hours.
The attractive benefits package includes a year-end bonus of 8.3 per cent, holiday allowance of 8 per cent, extensive leave facilities for a healthy work-life balance (41 days a year based on a 40-hour work week) and a good pension fund. Staff are also entitled to use various facilities, such as sport facilities, a theatre and a library. You can find more information at https://www.eur.nl/en/working/our-employer-vision.
EART is a member of CASE – the organisation of professional advancement staff – and participates regularly at CASE conferences. Additionally, there is a budget for personal development.
Could this be the position you’ve been looking for? Let us hear from you before Friday 8 July. We look forward to receiving your CV and letter of motivation. You can apply via the pink button below.
If you have any questions, please contact Noomi Peter, Executive Management Assistant, Alumni Relations, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 010 899 4306.
The Alumni Relations Team at the Erasmus University Rotterdam (EART) is connecting the global Erasmian alumni community: They coordinate and deliver engagement to build mutually beneficial relationships between alumni and the university, in partnership with faculties, institutions and other stakeholders. The team manages relationships, organizes events, maintains the database and (co-)creates content for and with alumni.
Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University (RSM) is one of Europe’s top-ranked business schools. RSM provides ground-breaking research and education furthering excellence in all aspects of management and is based in the international port city of Rotterdam – a vital nexus of business, logistics and trade. RSM’s primary focus is on developing business leaders with international careers who can become a force for positive change by carrying their innovative mindset into a sustainable future. Our first-class range of bachelor, master, MBA, PhD and executive programmes encourage them to become critical, creative, caring and collaborative thinkers and doers. Study information and activities for future students, executives and alumni are also organised from the RSM office in Chengdu, China. www.rsm.nl
RSM is an equal opportunity employer and explicitly encourages applications from candidates of all genders, ethnicities, and nationalities.