You will lead the design, development and implementation of a comprehensive programme of outreach and awareness-raising activities that showcase the benefits of alumni engagement to over 130,000 graduates in the global alumni community of Erasmus University Rotterdam. You’ll be responsible for creating collaborations that will support the university’s faculties in the development and delivery of mutually beneficial alumni engagement.
You will be responsible for the team's alumni projects including student engagement and lifelong learning. Under student engagement you will be manging two initiatives: the student-alumni mentoring programme MentorMe and the student-alumni career café Lighthouse.
The team provides alumni engagement and stewardship that recognises and rewards key relationships, and makes sure those relationships are developed and maintained. You’ll need to focus on building strong relationships with academic departments, with the student community through student clubs and societies, with recent graduates and other alumni, with new and existing alumni volunteers, and with the university’s professional services that are used by students, such as career services.
Working from an office at Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University (RSM) and in partnership with fellow alumni professionals you will be leading the way in the creation of a first-class Alumni Relations service for Erasmus University Rotterdam. Working from home some days of the week is possible. You will work in partnership with the RSM Alumni Relations Team and report to the Director Alumni Relations for EUR and RSM.
Your main tasks
- Prepare the annual engagement plan which reflects the needs of alumni and supports EUR’s strategic objectives
- Deliver programmes that achieve high quality engagement with alumni
- Develop, strengthen and sustain local and global alumni networks using a planned approach that delivers mutual benefits and supports what alumni are offered by the university
- Identify new opportunities for alumni engagement by developing and implementing projects and tools that further increase alumni loyalty and participation
- Contribute to planning and delivery of communications and events
- Utilise a centralised CRM system for sharing alumni data and for gaining increased alumni intelligence for further development
- Maintain contact with alumni and other stakeholders
- Work closely with EUR’s careers office and its admission and recruitment offices to maximise alumni involvement
- Support EUR faculties in the development and delivery of alumni initiatives
- Contribute to the overall development of the EUR alumni community.
- As a minimum, a bachelor degree, preferably in Marketing, Communication, or Business Administration
- Experience with CRM systems
- Understanding of the higher education environment
- Able to cultivate and maintain relationships and be customer-oriented
- Excellent networking skills
- Willing to work outside of normal business hours
- Willingness to travel (i.e. to conferences and alumni meetings)
- Fluent or near-native Dutch and English (min. B1), written and spoken, are both required. You will be dealing with an international network of alumni, as well as Dutch suppliers and stakeholders.
Your required competencies
We are looking for candidates who:
- Are natural networkers; you make contacts easily and know how to make use of your contacts
- Are customer-oriented and enjoy dealing with questions in a swift, correct and effective manner
- Know how to take responsibility and handle projects on your own
- Oversee effective and efficient tracking of key measurements to monitor the scale and impact of EUR’s alumni volunteering programme
- Are strongly oriented towards conducting business and initiating action of your own accord
- Categorise and plan activities to be implemented, work systematically and consistently with action lists
- Are team players who know how to give and receive feedback.
An interesting full-time position to develop yourself in the alumni relations field within a highly socially involved and inspirational organisation. It is a maternity cover post for six months. There is some opportunity for working from home, but your presence in the office is required for at least 2 days.
The conditions of employment comply with the collective labour agreement for Dutch Universities (CAO NU). Salary is subject to training and experience and may vary from a minimum of €2,846 up to a maximum of €4,490 (scale 10 CAO NU) gross per month, based on a full-time contract of 38 hours.
The attractive benefits package includes an end-of-year bonus of 8.3 per cent, holiday allowance of 8 per cent, extensive leave facilities for a healthy work-life balance (41 days a year based on a 40-hour work week), and a good pension fund. Staff are also entitled to use university facilities such as sport facilities, a theatre and a library. More information is available at https://www.eur.nl/en/working/our-employer-vision.
Are you interested in this position? Please upload your letter of motivation and CV (both in English) before Friday 27 May.
Our interview process will give you the chance to get to know your potential manager and some of your potential colleagues. We aim to have two rounds.
We will start by screening all application and evaluate who would be a good fit for the position based on the criteria explained in the job description. Then we will invite a selection of candidates for an interview. After every round we will evaluate and decide who will be moved to the next round.
The Alumni Relations Team at the Erasmus University Rotterdam (EART) is connecting the global Erasmian alumni community: They coordinate and deliver engagement to build mutually beneficial relationships between alumni and the university, in partnership with faculties, institutions and other stakeholders. The team manages relationships, organizes events, maintains the database and (co-)creates content for and with alumni.
Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University (RSM) is one of Europe’s top-ranked business schools. RSM provides ground-breaking research and education furthering excellence in all aspects of management and is based in the international port city of Rotterdam – a vital nexus of business, logistics and trade. RSM’s primary focus is on developing business leaders with international careers who can become a force for positive change by carrying their innovative mindset into a sustainable future. Our first-class range of bachelor, master, MBA, PhD and executive programmes encourage them to become critical, creative, caring and collaborative thinkers and doers. Study information and activities for future students, executives and alumni are also organised from the RSM office in Chengdu, China. www.rsm.nl
RSM is an equal opportunity employer and explicitly encourages applications from candidates of all genders, ethnicities, and nationalities.