“Creating positive societal impact: the Erasmian way” is central in the strategy of the Erasmus University Rotterdam (EUR).
The Erasmus Centre for Data Analytics (ECDA) facilitates Erasmus University Rotterdam and its public and private partner organisations in preparing society for a data-driven future, hands-on and human-centered, towards a sustainable world. ECDA brings together academic experts, organisation leaders and students, and offers access to world-class education and research, meaningful know-how, data analytics tools and a relevant network to societal and business organisations. This boosts a future for the use of data analytics and AI in business and society, and increases the benefits from the digital transformation.
- Facilitates hands-on education to students and executives.
- Organises exclusive events, seminars, and summits
- Offers a learning community that includes public and private organisations, academia and students
- Facilitates multi-disciplinary research and innovation based on over 25 expert practices on data analytics, digitalisation and AI
- Offers infrastructure for data, analytics, and AI in collaboration with technology partners.
That’s why ECDA is looking for a Marketing and Communications manager from 1 July 2022.
Taking the lead in communications for ECDA, you will shape and implement the marketing and communications strategy for its community and society at large, with an outside-in perspective. You will focus on multidisciplinary engagement for data analytics and AI, and activate the RSM and EUR community to link them with public and private stakeholders. With the Executive Directors and the project and business development managers, you will ensure that ECDA activities inspire and stimulate our external stakeholders, staff and students.
Would you like to be instrumental in making progress towards a better and data-driven future?
Your main tasks
- Creating and implementing a marketing and communications strategy for ECDA.
- Managing media and public relations
- Monitoring trends and organisations, and organising communications involving stakeholders and the ECDA community to make ECDA visible inside and outside the university
- Training, informing and guiding the ECDA team and the Academic Directors with projects, partners, and communications, and helping them fulfil their roles in communicating ECDA’s activities
- Managing and contributing to ECDA’s reputation
- Creating and monitoring ECDA’s content planning and strategy, and maintaining relations with various editing boards, external teams and networks, and student networks including the Erasmus Tech Communit
- Managing ECDA’s marketing and communications activities and events with your office and event colleagues. This includes our annual report and the annual Erasmus Data Summit event
- Designing and planning marketing campaigns and researching appropriate media outlets
- Developing communication media, writing and editing texts for various target groups and media, including websites, news, social media and other platforms
- Handling general press enquiries and interview requests, and where necessary, working with spokespeople from EUR and RSM
- Working with colleagues to further expand the ECDA portfolio in terms of partners’ engagement, practical applications of our expertise, our platform and the ECDA community.
- Successful completion of education at least at HBO- or bachelor level, and professional and intellectual abilities that are equal to or greater than this
- Excellent organisational abilities and a methodical approach to work
- High level of proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Relevant academic education and knowledge in communications, media, writing and press briefing.
- Ample experience of being a spokesperson and handling corporate communications and branding
- At least five years of relevant work experience in an international context.
- Good communication skills.
- Fluent spoken and written English skills (minimum C1.1 level), Dutch is highly recommended.
Your required competencies
- Affiliation with, or expertise in, data analytics, and artificial intelligence
- Energetic, driven and enthusiastic about the evolving data analytics technologies and innovations.
- An entrepreneurial sense of partnerships and relationships and how to make the most (to make PR and comms capital) out of what’s going on in ECDA activities and by watching what goes on in the context of data, analytics and AI
- Able to work independently as well as participate actively in interdisciplinary teams
- Maintain a holistic view of the goals and purposes of the University, RSM and ECDA and its role in contributing to societal challenges
- A sense of responsibility to the team and to the mission of EUR
- A can-do and start-up mentality
- Accustomed to, and smart at, dealing with multiple simultaneous tasks and deadlines
- An original and inspired thinker
- Results- and solution-oriented
We are offering a contract for 0.6 FTE, initially for a year, with the prospect of an extension based on good performance. About 50 per cent of work can be done remotely or from home. You will be required to attend Erasmus University Rotterdam’s Woudestein campus or other locations for team sessions and events. Some travel will be required to represent ECDA in national or international events.
The conditions of employment correspond with the collective labour agreement for Dutch Universities (CAO NU). https://www.universiteitenvannederland.nl/files/documenten/CAO/2021/CLA_Universities_Netherlands_2021_2022.pdf
Salary is subject to training and experience and may vary from a minimum of € 4,629 (scale 12.0 CAO NU) gross per month and up to a maximum of € 5,943 gross per month (scale12.10 CAO NU), based on a full-time contract of 38 hours.
Erasmus University has attractive employment conditions, which include a holiday allowance of 8 per cent, an end-of-year bonus of 8.3 per cent, and a considerate amount of vacation days. More information is available at https://www.eur.nl/en/working/our-employer-vision/employment-conditions
Training and career development opportunities:
EUR offers all employees an annual personal career budget which can be used to advance your skills and competences. There are lots of training, development, and coaching opportunities at EUR too.
If you are interested in this position, please apply via the link below with cover letter and résumé in English.
For questions please contact Dr Marcel van Oosterhout at email@example.com
or see ecda.eur.nl
The closing date is 29 May 2022.
Details from this advertisement are not to be used for other marketing activities.
Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University (RSM) is one of Europe’s top-ranked business schools. RSM provides ground-breaking research and education furthering excellence in all aspects of management and is based in the international port city of Rotterdam – a vital nexus of business, logistics and trade. RSM’s primary focus is on developing business leaders with international careers who can become a force for positive change by carrying their innovative mindset into a sustainable future. Our first-class range of bachelor, master, MBA, PhD and executive programmes encourage them to become critical, creative, caring and collaborative thinkers and doers. Study information and activities for future students, executives and alumni are also organised from the RSM office in Chengdu, China. www.rsm.nl
RSM is an equal opportunity employer and explicitly encourages applications from candidates of all genders, ethnicities, and nationalities.