In your role as education coordinator in the pre-experience programmes, you will be working where academic staff and education services intersect, and this requires a deep understanding of the university’s institutional setting. Your work will positively affect students’ educational journeys by supporting faculty members as they deliver education at bachelor and master level. You will work on all aspects of education, from planning and preparation to assisting the delivery. You will support the faculty members, academic directors, and head of the academic department and acts as the link between teaching faculty members and programme management.
Your main tasks
Your role is to support the organization and preparation of the programmes and courses offered at the Accounting & Control department so that they run smoothly throughout the academic year. Tasks typically include:
- Collecting and providing information and updates about the department’s curricula, courses, electives, instructors, credits, and student eligibility criteria
- Supporting timely course catalogue entries and updates for all courses and modules within the programme
- Coordinating scheduling requests to the schedulers and keeping track of the courses’ timetables
- Supporting the Academic Directors of the department to prepare and deliver activities such us programme kick-off events and information sessions about electives.
- Supporting education delivery:
- Providing and coordinating course-level support; where applicable, arranging teaching assistants
- Assisting in the registration of education material and teaching cases
- Helping to set up well-structured and complete sites for courses in good time on Canvas, our online study platform
- Organising technical support for instructors in the classroom where needed
- You support student assessment
- Supporting the creation and documentation of the programme assessment plan, while observing policies and guidelines
- Assisting with setting up exams in the relevant exam software
- Helping to organise exam and test perusal sessions
- Supporting instructors with grade registration
- You support quality assurance
- Coordinating and supporting student feedback meetings.
- Maintaining an overview of the quality of the courses, the programme, and the thesis trajectory
- Exchanging best practices within the RSM education coordinator community
- Working with the Learning Innovation Team and EUR’s training institution Risbo to identify opportunities for innovation
- Creating reports for accreditations and rankings
- You support resource coordination
- Tracking and planning teaching and teaching support to identify where resources are needed, and creating a longer-term resource plan for the department
- Coordinating the recruitment, training, and task planning of teaching assistants Assisting with allocating and coordinating coaches for the thesis trajectory and bachelor project.
- Higher education degree, preferably university (wo), and at least from a university of applied science (hbo)
- Excellent command of English (minimum CEFR level C1, speaking and writing)
- Advanced knowledge of and experience with the MS Office suite (especially Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and ideally Teams and Sharepoint)
- Ability to handle multiple stakeholders, processes and projects in parallel
- Ability to work independently and take initiatives
- Customer-friendly, optimistic, and with a strong problem-solving attitude
- Affinity and, preferably, familiarity with international higher education.
Your required competencies
- Outstanding accuracy as a driven and service-oriented coordinator, with a relevant educational and professional background;
- Strong planning and organising abilities from a results-oriented, analytical and sociable team player, with effective interpersonal and intercultural communication skills;
- An aptitude for monitoring, which requires being able to work independently as well as in a team with a hands-on and pro-active attitude, all while keeping a sharp eye out for detail;
- Have an affinity for and empathy with higher education and academic faculty members, and a commitment to maintaining RSM’s status as a top-level business school providing world-class education.
In RSM, together we support the educational processes of around 3,000 international and Dutch students and around 300 faculty members in two Bachelor of Science and 15 Master of Science programmes. The Accounting and Control department has an international, diverse team environment and works closely with other functions in the business school. You will report to the Head of the Department of Accounting and Control and to a team leader in the Education Services department. For this full-time position, you are expected to work on campus three days per week; working from home on other days is possible. A laptop computer and accessories will be provided.
The conditions of employment correspond with the collective labour agreement for Dutch Universities (CAO NU).
Salary is subject to training and experience and may vary from a minimum of € 2,818 (scale 8 CAO NU) and up to a maximum of € 4,670 gross per month (scale 10 CAO NU), based on a full-time contract of 38 hours.
Erasmus University Rotterdam (EUR) has attractive employment conditions, which include a holiday allowance of 8 per cent, an end-of-year bonus of 8.3 per cent, and a considerate amount of vacation days.
EUR offers all employees an annual personal career budget which can be used to advance your skills and competences. There are lots of training, development and coaching opportunities at EUR too.
Erasmus University Rotterdam aspires to be an equitable and inclusive community. We nurture an open culture, where everyone is supported to fulfil their full potential. We see inclusivity of talent as the basis of our successes, and the diversity of perspectives and people as a highly valued outcome. EUR provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, functional impairment, citizenship, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We look forward to welcoming you to our community.
If you are interested in this position please upload your application, including your CV and motivation (both in English), via the link below. Non-EEA nationals are requested to indicate whether they possess a valid work permit for the Netherlands. Further information about the position can also be obtained by emailing Eilen Clares Escalante via email@example.com.
Please note that we will not accept applications without a letter of motivation, nor without the required level of language skills in English (C1).
The deadline for applications is 23:59 on 09 April 2023. Interviews and assessments with selected candidates will take place three weeks after closing date in English and Dutch. The preferred start date is 1 June 2023.
Acquisition is not appreciated.
The operative administration of the different study programmes is organised via programme management teams, headed by an Executive Director. The tasks of these teams include educational logistics, finances, quality assurance, portfolio innovation, and programme-related communication. The teams are also responsible for the functional liaison with the academic directors, the course instructors, the examination board, the study advisers, the international office, and the programme committees, as well as with the corporate units recruitment & admissions, career centre, corporate & alumni relations, and corporate marketing & communications.
Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University (RSM) is one of Europe’s top-ranked business schools. RSM provides ground-breaking research and education furthering excellence in all aspects of management and is based in the international port city of Rotterdam – a vital nexus of business, logistics and trade. RSM’s primary focus is on developing business leaders with international careers who can become a force for positive change by carrying their innovative mindset into a sustainable future. Our first-class range of bachelor, master, MBA, PhD and executive programmes encourage them to become critical, creative, caring and collaborative thinkers and doers. Study information and activities for future students, executives and alumni are also organised from the RSM office in Chengdu, China. www.rsm.nl
RSM is an equal opportunity employer and explicitly encourages applications from candidates of all genders, ethnicities, and nationalities.