As HR business partner at Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University (RSM), the largest faculty at Erasmus University, you play a crucial role in communication with both employees and managers. You act as a sparring partner to the HR business partners, and you provide support in strategic themes, large projects and the annual HR plan. Together with the HR team, you lift HR policy to a higher level and actively signal developments.
RSM’s HR team consists of eight professionals; an HR Director, two HR Business Partners and five HR Officers. Administrative inquiries, personnel administration and processing of changes are managed by our HR Officers. In addition to your RSM teammates, you work closely with the EUR HR policy and specialist teams. Together we support RSM tactically and strategically with the optimal deployment and development of employees. You report to the HR director of RSM.
Our business school is a dynamic and strongly internationally oriented organisation. In total there are about 650 employees, the majority of whom work in the academic departments. We have a public entity (RSM EUR), and also a private entity (RSM BV) where, for example, we offer our MBA programmes. Your work focuses on the public entity.
RSM is the only EUR faculty to have its own HR department. As a department, we aim to develop further in the coming years and to profile ours as an outstanding HR department. The ambition and strategic vision for RSM is “To become a force for positive change”. Currently, we’re developing an ambitious HR agenda to realise this. As our new HR business partner, you have an important role to play here.
Your main tasks
Your main tasks:
- Coach, advise, support managers to fulfil their HR tasks and keep them informed about changes in HR policy regulations, etc.
- Identify changes in the needs of employees and the organisation.
- Encourage a healthy, safe work environment where employees can develop and function optimally and have a good work/life balance.
- Work on case management, including collaboration with relevant HR specialists, to advise managers on labor law, absenteeism and internationalisation.
- Advise and support in the following areas:
- Recruitment and selection process;
- Appointment procedures;
- Result and development (R&D) cycle;
- Career and development plans;
- Follow-up of the employee survey; and
- Drafting of secondment and termination agreements.
- Participate in and help to implement HR projects.
- Take the initiative to improve HR Policies, processes, tools and information.
- Translate tactical HR policy regulations into operational execution.
You’re an independent, results-oriented, pro-active HR professional with the ability to keep the Erasmian values close to your heart. You can connect with diverse people across our organisation. You’re an honest, tactical conversation partner with strong communication skills. In addition building trustworthy relationships, you have the guts to bring up any topic for discussion and to share your own opinion/vision with your conversation partners. This enables you to look ahead and include the partners in upcoming developments.
Your required competencies
- Academic work- and thinking ability; preferably with an academic degree in the field of Business Administration, Strategic HRM and/or an appropriate master.
- Minimum of four years of demonstrable work experience as an HR advisor.
- Experience in an international environment.
- Broad HR knowledge and a keen awareness of trends and (technical) developments in the field of HR.
- Demonstratable fluency in the Dutch and English language, both written and spoken (English: C1 level).
- The ability to use data to proactively act.
- Integrity, trustworthiness and reliability: above all, you are a partner of integrity and reliability, on whom the organisation can rely.
- Result-oriented: you can clearly formulate a change assignment, the final goal and the road towards it and to manage it well. You are goal- and result-oriented on the one hand, and sociable and enthusiastic on the other.
- Problem solving: you can identify problems, develop solutions and implement strategies to overcome challenges.
- Flexible: you adapt well to changing circumstances and work effectively in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Organisational sensitivity: you have quick insight and understanding of the formal and informal relationships of authority, how decisions are made, how people work together and the expectations of the organisation. You have a good sense of and respect for relationships, without being intimidated by hierarchical differences.
The position is a fulltime position (0,9-1 FTE), with an initial one year contract. The intend is to make this permanent after one year upon successful performance.
As we are on a growth path with our team - you will have opportunity to shape your role and bring in your ideas! You will become part of a great and supportive team. We also like to have fun 😊
You will have the opportunity to choose how you wish to work. Fully at the University or partly from home. In a structured working pattern, or more flexible. We will support what works best for you, we just ask for aligning with our team & that you are available to our business and leaders upon need. We like to focus on the outcomes.
An internationally oriented and varied job in an enthusiastic team, with excellent working conditions in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities (CAO NU).
The salary depends on your knowledge and experience and with a full-time appointment amounts to between € 3,974 and € 5,439 gross per month (scale 11), in accordance with the CAO-NU. In addition, we offer 8% vacation allowance, a year-end bonus of 8.3% and a very generous leave scheme. Furthermore, the EUR is affiliated with ABP for pension provision and we offer partially paid parental leave, fully paid additional birth leave for partners, a discount on our collective health insurance and a personal career budget. As an employee you can also use EUR facilities such as the University Library and you get a discount on a subscription to the Erasmus Sports Center.
Erasmus University Rotterdam aims to be an equitable and inclusive community. We foster an open culture where everyone is supported to reach their full potential. We view inclusiveness of talent as the foundation of our successes and the diversity of perspectives and individuals as a highly valuable outcome of this. EUR offers equal opportunities to all employees and applicants, regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, employment disability, citizenship or any other aspect that makes them unique. We hope to meet you in our community.
In this role you can further grow in your seniority as HR Partner and prepare for the next step in your career. The international and dynamic environment of RSM will give your key experiences to further develop your skillset.
We like to support your growth and welcome you in taking the lead in proposing on how we can support you in that – in learning experiences or more formal educational opportunities.
To apply for this vacancy, submit your application before 2nd of June 2023 by applying via the portal. Be sure to include both your CV and motivational letter.
Have any questions, need additional information or would you like to discuss your candidacy? Please reach out to the RSM HR director Hiske Meerman at email@example.com.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University (RSM) is one of Europe’s top-ranked business schools. RSM provides ground-breaking research and education furthering excellence in all aspects of management and is based in the international port city of Rotterdam – a vital nexus of business, logistics and trade. RSM’s primary focus is on developing business leaders with international careers who can become a force for positive change by carrying their innovative mindset into a sustainable future. Our first-class range of bachelor, master, MBA, PhD and executive programmes encourage them to become critical, creative, caring and collaborative thinkers and doers. Study information and activities for future students, executives and alumni are also organised from the RSM office in Chengdu, China. www.rsm.nl
RSM is an equal opportunity employer and explicitly encourages applications from candidates of all genders, ethnicities, and nationalities.