Are you a self-motivated, tech-driven individual passionate about new technologies, specifically, immersive technologies? Do you have a powerful desire to organise and help students and educators to implement immersive tech in education? Then you’re the person we have been looking for!
Your main tasks:
- Set up and configure immersive technologies (AR/VR headsets, video equipment, graphics workstations, visual presentation tools)
- Manage the Immersive Tech Room, which holds the associated equipment and content library
- Provide support to lecturers, researchers and students in the use of VR (Virtual Reality) and AR technologies
- Support the development of AR/VR apps
- Lead workshops and training sessions to familiarise users with the technology
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical problems
- Collaborate with various partners within and outside the university to investigate and implement new technologies
- Engage with users to translate their needs into new applications within the Immersive Tech Room
This is what we require from you for this job:
- Completed relevant technical education (HBO/WO)
- Affinity with education and the use of technology in education, preferably experience as a student assistant
- In-depth knowledge of virtual and augmented reality technologies and equipment
- Knowledge of 3D development environments and solutions such as Unity, Unreal and/or Blender
- Experience with troubleshooting technical problems and maintaining several types of equipment
- Effective communication and collaboration skills
- Creative and innovative mindset
- Experience with maintaining and configuring various IT systems
- Organisational skills to plan and potentially lead workshops and training sessions
- Good command of the English language
Furthermore, you should have the following competences:
- A sense of responsibility to the team and to the university’s mission
- Able to work independently and proactively
- A can-do and start-up mentality
- Accustomed to, and smart at, dealing with multiple simultaneous tasks and deadlines
- Focused on customer service and solution oriented
- Flexibility with time and with performing the tasks at hand to ensure the smooth running of ECDA services
- Willingness to undertake training within the organisation and elsewhere
Employment conditions and benefits
We are offering a contract for 0.8 FTE, initially for a year, with the prospect of an extension based on good performance.
The conditions of employment correspond with the collective labour agreement for Dutch Universities (CAO NU). https://www.universiteitenvannederland.nl/files/documenten/CAO/2021/CLA_Universities_Netherlands_2021_2022.pdf
Salary is subject to training and experience and may vary from a minimum of € 2,846 (scale 10.1 CAO NU) gross per month up to a maximum of € 5,439 gross per month (scale 11.11 CAO NU), based on a full-time contract of 38 hours.
Erasmus University has attractive employment conditions, which include a holiday allowance of 8 per cent, an end-of-year bonus of 8.3 per cent, and a considerate amount of vacation days. More information is available at https://www.eur.nl/en/working/our-employer-vision/employment-conditions
EUR offers all employees an annual personal career budget which can be used to advance your skills and competences. There are lots of training, development, and coaching opportunities at EUR too.
Erasmus University Rotterdam (EUR) is an internationally oriented university with a strong social orientation in its education and research, as expressed in our mission ‘Creating positive societal impact’. EUR is home to 3.700 academics and professionals and almost 33.000 students from more than 140 countries. Everything we do, we do under the credo The Erasmian Way – Making Minds Matter. We’re global citizens, connecting, entrepreneurial, open-minded, and socially involved. These Erasmian Values function as our internal compass and create EUR’s distinctive and recognizable profile. From these values, with a broad perspective and with an eye for diversity, different backgrounds and opinions, our employees work closely together to solve societal challenges from the dynamic and cosmopolitan city of Rotterdam. Thanks to the high quality and positive societal impact of our research and education, EUR can compete with the top European universities. www.eur.nl.
Faculty / Institute / Central service
Erasmus University's mission is to create positive social impact. We strive to understand contemporary, complex societal challenges and to contribute to their solution through our education and research. We do this in close collaboration with our external partners both locally and globally.
Our mission serves as our compass: it helps focus our attention, inspires us in our daily activities and provides direction when we face strategic choices – as a university, as individual faculty or institute, as a department.
We have defined seven priorities to guide the implementation of our mission throughout 2024:
- Foster our societal impact identity
- Ensure our education is future-oriented
- Embed excellent academic research in society
- Take responsibility on sustainable development
- Invest in our people for the future
- Step up our professional services
- Make the most of our interdisciplinary potential
The Erasmus Data Collaboratory - House of AI is an inclusive, open experimenting environment for data and AI, situated on the campus of Erasmus University Rotterdam (EUR). Within this space, you and your colleagues can collectively think, work, innovate and learn. The overarching goal is to cultivate a better understanding of data and AI.
Housed at the heart of the EUR campus within the Polak building, this physical hub is developed to facilitate hands-on action learning, action research, experimentation and valorisation. It serves as a space where the entire data science cycle can take place, from data engineering to data analysis, including data visualisation. It also acts as a central venue for meetups, workshops, masterclasses and projects.
Please upload your letter of application and résumé here. Would you like more information about this vacancy? Please email Jos van Dongen at email@example.com or see https://ecda.eur.nl/
The closing date for this vacancy is 30 December 2023.
Please be aware this job requires at least 3 days of on-site work; ideally you would already live in the Rotterdam area.
Details from this advertisement are not to be used for other marketing activities.