We’re looking for a new, dedicated, and enthusiastic colleague to strengthen our team for 20 hours per week. You’ll be a member of the RSM Digitalisation & Information Services (RDIS) department, which is the primary IT and innovation function at RSM. We’re collaborating with ESSB so we can improve the IT support for staff of both faculties, and centralise the IT ordering process. You will be part of the team that organises this process. You will have creative freedom to explore and implement efficient solutions that are needed to facilitate the support of two faculties. You will work closely together with your team and our IT demand manager. Your direct contacts (customers) are all RSM and ESSB employees: researchers, teachers, and our professional services staff.
Your main tasks
- IT orders
- Place orders at our preferred suppliers and negotiate the improvement of terms of delivery.
- Manage and communicate the lists of product range / suppliers to RSM and ESSB employees
- Monitoring and complaints
- Monitor agreements by tracking purchase orders and contracts
- Act as first point of contact for questions, requests and complaints and handle these
- Inform employees about procedures and product range
- Advise employees, together with our specialists, about equipment for specific needs
- Advise the IT demand manager on new terms for purchase and service (such as change in demand) and escalate on problems in the supply- or support chain.
- Register IT orders and inform employees on the progress
- Verify invoices
- Keep track on the documentation of the product range (product information, price information)
- Manage RSM and ESSB assets via the registration tool (Topdesk)
Your required competencies
We encourage you to apply for this position if you:
- are a team player
- can work independently
- are customer-oriented
- are creative in finding solutions
- are stress-resistant, meticulous and fast
- understand IT processes and systems
- are fluent in English and Dutch, with a minimum of level B2 according to the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR)
We offer an ambitious, international and dynamic environment, in which we compete with the top universities in the world. You will be part of a close, innovation-driven team on a vibrant university campus. Your ambition and personal drive will be greatly valued, and we invest in personal development.
We offer a 0.5 FTE contract for maximum 12 months.
The conditions of employment correspond with the collective labour agreement for Dutch Universities (CAO NU).
Salary is subject to training and experience and may vary from a minimum of € 2,818 up to a maximum of € 3,764 gross per month (scale 8 CAO NU), based on a full-time contract of 38 hours.
Erasmus University has attractive employment conditions, which include a holiday allowance of 8 per cent, an end-of-year bonus of 8.3 per cent, and a considerate amount of vacation days.
EUR offers all employees an annual personal career budget which can be used to advance your skills and competences. There are lots of training, development and coaching opportunities at EUR too.
If you’re interested in this role, please upload your motivation letter (in English) and CV (in English or Dutch) through the application button before Monday, 5 December 2022.
For questions about the position, please contact Helma Quaak, IT Demandmanager at RSM, via email@example.com.
Internal candidates will be given preference over external candidates when possible.
RSM Digitalisation & Information services (RDIS) serves the role of ICT demand organization for RSM.
The department helps RSM to find the best ICT solutions for multiple situations. RDIS includes consultancy, web-based development, scientific research development, application management and learning innovation.
RDIS's mission is: 'supporting and strengthening RSM business processes by using ICT and innovation in the most efficient and effective way'.
Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University (RSM) is one of Europe’s top-ranked business schools. RSM provides ground-breaking research and education furthering excellence in all aspects of management and is based in the international port city of Rotterdam – a vital nexus of business, logistics and trade. RSM’s primary focus is on developing business leaders with international careers who can become a force for positive change by carrying their innovative mindset into a sustainable future. Our first-class range of bachelor, master, MBA, PhD and executive programmes encourage them to become critical, creative, caring and collaborative thinkers and doers. Study information and activities for future students, executives and alumni are also organised from the RSM office in Chengdu, China. www.rsm.nl
RSM is an equal opportunity employer and explicitly encourages applications from candidates of all genders, ethnicities, and nationalities.