At Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), we provide research support to the faculty, PhD candidates and professional staff at the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University (RSM) and at the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE).
As our new office manager, you work with a team of 12+ research support professionals. You’re occupied in multiple areas of ERIM throughout the week. These areas include HR, finance, facility management, internal and external communication, events planning, members administration and secretarial support for the ERIM management team. You often serve as the first point of contact for researchers and external stakeholders and you’re in regular contact with ERIM’s team and management. It’s your job to support primary processes, employees and boards within ERIM, such as the Executive Director and the Scientific Director.
Your main tasks
As our office manager and in addition to supporting the organisation, we expect you to:
- co-ordinate the ERIM office and act as the first point of contact for ERIM’s researchers;
- provide general administrative and secretarial support, e.g. mail registration/archiving, managing agendas/appointments, ordering office supplies and requesting catering;
- function as the secretary to the ERIM management team, which includes, among others, preparing team meetings and taking minutes;
- assist the scientific director and executive director, which includes handling their correspondence and managing their agendas/appointments;
- support ERIM’s personnel matters, e.g. sick-leave registrations and new employee administration;
- process payments, monitor general expenses and check invoices;
- organise, manage and co-ordinate events/activities, e.g. the annual ERIM Awards ceremony;
- prepare the meetings of the ERIM team, the programme advisory committee and any other relevant meetings (e.g. staff meetings),
- oversee the preparation and distribution of the relevant documentation (e.g. agendas, minutes, reports) for the above meetings;
- co-ordinate the administrative process for the ERIM Support Programmes (ESP):
- be the applicants’ contact for questions, prepare the decision proceedings and process the (financial) administration of the decisions; and
- watch over other general matters to keep the department running optimally.
You’re eligible for this role if you can demonstrate:
- relevant professional experience (5+ years), preferably in international higher education;
- a completed relevant MBO-4 qualification or the equivalent, e.g. in office management;
- excellent command of relevant software packages (MS Office, Excel, SAP) and preferably research information systems and reporting tools; and
- a good command of the Dutch and English language, both spoken and written.
Your required competencies
We strongly encourage you to apply for this role if you:
- are an outstanding, enterprising and service-oriented office manager/secretary, with a relevant educational (MBO-4) and professional background;
- are a results-oriented, analytical and sociable team player, with strong interpersonal and intercultural communication skills;
- can work independently and in a team with a hands-on and pro-active attitude, all while keeping a sharp eye out for detail;
- have excellent organisational skills and you are punctual and accurate;
- can interact and communicate efficiently with various offices, and build, maintain and manage a network of stakeholders (faculty, researchers, professional service staff) across and connected to RSM, ESE, ERIM and EUR;
- can contribute to creating and maintaining cohesion and collaborative spirit across the ERIM team; and
- have an affinity with higher education and academic research.
If you’re the right person for this job, we’ll offer you a full-time contract for an initial period of 12 months. Thereafter, we offer you the possibility for a permanent contract upon satisfactory performance.
We operate on a hybrid work model. This means that you get the freedom to choose which days of the week you work virtually and which days you work at our vibrant campus. As our Office Manager, you join an international and interdisciplinary team of committed and enthusiastic research support professionals.
The conditions of employment correspond with the collective labour agreement for Dutch Universities (CAO NU).
Salary is subject to training and experience and may vary from a minimum of €2,710 (scale 8-0 CAO NU) gross per month and up to a maximum of €3,619 gross per month (scale 8-10 CAO NU), based on a full-time contract of 38 hours (UFO Management/Office assistant)
Erasmus University has attractive employment conditions, which include a holiday allowance of 8 per cent, an end-of-year bonus of 8.3 per cent and a considerable amount of vacation days.
Please submit your application, CV and cover letter before Monday 30 May 2022 by clicking the button below.
Further information about this vacancy can be obtained from Dr Chrysoula Papacharalampou, ERIM’s Executive Director, via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University (RSM) is one of Europe’s top-ranked business schools. RSM provides ground-breaking research and education furthering excellence in all aspects of management and is based in the international port city of Rotterdam – a vital nexus of business, logistics and trade. RSM’s primary focus is on developing business leaders with international careers who can become a force for positive change by carrying their innovative mindset into a sustainable future. Our first-class range of bachelor, master, MBA, PhD and executive programmes encourage them to become critical, creative, caring and collaborative thinkers and doers. Study information and activities for future students, executives and alumni are also organised from the RSM office in Chengdu, China. www.rsm.nl
RSM is an equal opportunity employer and explicitly encourages applications from candidates of all genders, ethnicities, and nationalities.