“Creating positive societal impact: the Erasmian way” is central in the strategy of the Erasmus University Rotterdam (EUR).
The Erasmus Energy Transition Institute will be a centre of expertise focused on accelerating the energy transition by community building, research, education and valorisation. This Institute will be a combined effort of Erasmus University Rotterdam and TU Delft as part of their strategic convergence initiative to bundle expertise from several disciplines and create a joined effort in helping society to transition towards a sustainable world, based on clean and renewable energy. The Institute is expected to be hosted at Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University (RSM).
The energy transition
The energy transition is a complex multifaced challenge for companies, governments, and society. It requires the combination of technical understanding of the transition to a fully sustainable system, associated changes and interaction with present regulation and taxes, and the impact of these on the business cases of existing and new actors and companies. In addition, societal models and transition methods are needed to enable changing the market and the energy system instead of extrapolating the present system to reach the ambitious climate ambitions of Paris. It will require expertise from different backgrounds to create a holistic perspective and approach, and create the required level of literacy in the energy transition for stakeholders to work together to accelerate the required transition.
In your role as programme manager you will be involved in three phases of the initiative’s development.
- Development of a portfolio of educational programmes about energy transition in initial bachelor and master education, and post-initial executive education led by RSM.
- Help build an academic group with expertise in energy transition
- Co-create and design an Energy Transition Institute in close collaboration with academic and private partners.
Your main tasks
Your responsibilities include:
- Initiating and coordinating development of RSM executive programmes on energy transition aimed at higher management, executive boards and young potentials.
- Initiating and coordinating development of electives and specialisation tracks within existing educational programmes at RSM and other faculties of EUR at bachelor and master level.
- Initiating and coordinating development of a new holistic master programme about the energy transition.
- Managing a team of professional services staff and student assistants in the development of these programmes.
- Identifying and analysing problem areas in services offered based on evaluations with students and lecturers, and developing proposals for improvement.
- Periodically evaluating the effectiveness and efficiency of performed activities performed and optimising them with colleagues, based on evidence and available management information.
- Drafting course fees, drafting offers to clients, making proposals for the general budget, and monitoring activities for these proposals.
- Attending meetings and providing information about the programmes to various internal and external stakeholders.
- Support recruitment activities and the development of a core academic teamBuild a group of collaborating academics from EUR, TU Delft and beyond.
- Coordinate and align with internal and external stakeholders in building an energy transition institute
- Leading a working group for Phase 3
- Develop a business plan
- Develop a communication plan in collaboration with EUR and RSM’s communications specialists.
- At least five years’ experience in project management in higher education in the Netherlands
- Education at master level, plus professional and intellectual abilities that are equal to or greater than this
- Excellent organisational abilities and a methodical approach to work
- Good communication skills
- Excellent spoken and written Dutch and English
- Background in, or an affinity with, the energy transition
- Relevant stakeholder network in energy transition
Your required competencies
- Meticulous in carrying out work activities and an affinity with administrative processes
- Strong numerical skills and analytical abilities
- A sense of responsibility to the team and to the university mission, but also the ability to work independently and proactively
- A can-do and start-up mentality
- Accustomed to, and smart at, dealing with multiple simultaneous tasks and deadlines
- Focused on customer service and solution-oriented
- Flexibility with time and with performing the tasks at hand to ensure the smooth running of the offered services
- Political sensitivity
- Leadership skills.
We are offering a contract for 0.8 FTE, maximum 1.0 FTE initially for a year, with the prospect of an extension based on good performance.
The conditions of employment correspond with the collective labour agreement for Dutch Universities (CAO NU). https://www.universiteitenvannederland.nl/files/documenten/CAO/2021/CLA_Universities_Netherlands_2021_2022.pdf
We offer a 0.8-1.0 FTE contract, initially for one year. Salary is subject to training and experience and may vary from a minimum of € 3,821 (scale 11-0 CAO NU) gross per month and up to a maximum of € 5,294 gross per month (scale 12-5 CAO NU), based on a full-time contract (1.0 FTE).
Erasmus University has attractive employment conditions, which include a holiday allowance of 8 per cent, an end-of-year bonus of 8.3 per cent, and a considerate amount of vacation days.
More information is available at https://www.eur.nl/en/working/our-employer-vision/employment-conditions
RSM encourages learning, personal growth, and training for increased effectiveness for all colleagues. There will be opportunities for job-specific training and development where necessary and upon request. You can participate in the RSM mentoring programme that is available for all employees.
If you are interested in this position, please apply via the link below with cover letter and résumé in English.
For questions please contact Marcel van Oosterhout at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date is 25 May 2022.
Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University (RSM) is one of Europe’s top-ranked business schools. RSM provides ground-breaking research and education furthering excellence in all aspects of management and is based in the international port city of Rotterdam – a vital nexus of business, logistics and trade. RSM’s primary focus is on developing business leaders with international careers who can become a force for positive change by carrying their innovative mindset into a sustainable future. Our first-class range of bachelor, master, MBA, PhD and executive programmes encourage them to become critical, creative, caring and collaborative thinkers and doers. Study information and activities for future students, executives and alumni are also organised from the RSM office in Chengdu, China. www.rsm.nl
RSM is an equal opportunity employer and explicitly encourages applications from candidates of all genders, ethnicities, and nationalities.