At the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University (RSM) Education Services Department, we’re currently looking for a temporary replacement for the programme manager MSc programmes for a period of 6 to 7 months, starting 1 July 2023. This vacancy, maternity cover, gives you 0.8-1.0 FTE and we’re happy that you can work on campus at least 2 days per week. On the other days, you work from home if desired. We ensure you’re provided with a notebook computer and accessories.
As the programme manager MSc programmes, you manage a portfolio of one-year master of science programmes in the area of technology and operations management. Additionally, you contribute to the enjoyable study experience of our MSc students and participate in a friendly and collaborative team.
A member of the RSM Education Services department, you’re situated on the fifth floor of the Mandeville Building on Erasmus University’s Woudestein Campus. The department is headed by the dean of education and consists of several teams such as programme management, schedulers, recruitment and admissions, study advice, business intelligence, international office, examination board support, and a career centre.
Together with your MSc programme management team members, you support the educational processes of around 3,000 international and Dutch students in 15 Master of Science programmes. You are part of an international, diverse team. You have around 10 direct colleagues and have frequent online and face-to-face contact with students, teaching faculty, neighbouring teams and occasionally external parties. You’re available to work in the evenings and on weekends, and you can travel occasionally to go to events such as open days or graduations.
Your main tasks
In this role you:
- Ensure the correct and timely registration of students in programmes, courses and exams
- Act as the main point of contact for students for logistical and organisational issues
- Liaise with the academic departments to provide an optimal support structure for the respective programmes
- Implement elements of the quality control cycle, such as course evaluations
- Liaise with departmental colleagues on relevant issues
e.g., scheduling staff, examination board, international office, admissions team and career centre
- Organise programme-related events such as introductory activities for new students
- Create regular reports
- Actively suggest and implement process improvements and contribute to updating our existing process documentation
- Lead or contribute to education-related special projects
- Contribute to marketing and recruitment activities
- Create an enjoyable study experience for master students
Your qualifications include:
- Minimum Dutch HBO or equivalent
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in English (minimum CEFR level C1: listening, speaking, reading, and writing) and advanced knowledge of Dutch (minimum CEFR level B1: reading and listening)
- Advanced knowledge of and experience with the MS Office suite, especially Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and, ideally, Teams/ SharePoint
- Experience, ideally, in academic programme management and/or project management
Your required competencies
Your competences include:
- Optimistic and strong problem-solving attitude
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Good organisation skills
- Ability to liaise effectively and efficiently with students, instructors, team colleagues and other RSM and Erasmus University colleagues
- Customer-friendly attitude
- Ability to cope with demanding students
- Ability to deal with a busy, dynamic working environment and unexpected, new challenges as they arise
- Affinity with international environments
- Affinity with (higher) education
We offer you:
- A vacancy that is interesting for early career high potentials
- Development opportunities to grow your career and programme management skills in a top mission-driven European business school
- Comprehensive onboarding
- A role in a supportive, international team
The conditions of employment correspond with the collective labour agreement for Dutch Universities (CAO NU).
Salary is subject to training and experience and may vary from a minimum of € 2,818 (scale 8 CAO NU) and up to a maximum of € 4,670 gross per month (scale 10 CAO NU), based on a full-time contract of 38 hours.
Erasmus University Rotterdam (EUR) has attractive employment conditions, which include a holiday allowance of 8 per cent, an end-of-year bonus of 8.3 per cent, and a considerate amount of vacation days.
EUR offers all employees an annual personal career budget which can be used to advance your skills and competences. There are lots of training, development and coaching opportunities at EUR too.
Erasmus University Rotterdam aspires to be an equitable and inclusive community. We nurture an open culture, where everyone is supported to fulfil their full potential. We see inclusivity of talent as the basis of our successes, and the diversity of perspectives and people as a highly valued outcome. EUR provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, functional impairment, citizenship, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We look forward to welcoming you to our community.
Are you interested in this vacancy? Please upload your application in English, including your CV and motivation letter, via the link below.
If you’re a non-EEA national, please indicate whether you possess a valid work permit for the Netherlands.
Like further information about this vacancy? Please send an email to Gabi Helfert at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that we will not accept applications without a motivation letter nor without the required level of language skills in both Dutch (C1) and English (C1).
The closing date for applications is Monday, 10 April 2023, end of day.
Online interviews and assessments with selected candidates will take place within two weeks after closing date in English and Dutch. The start date is preferably 1 June or, at the latest, 1 July 2023.
The duration of employment for this vacancy is 6 or 7 months. In case of mutual interest and availability of a job opening in Education Services, the opportunity could exist for an extension and, ultimately, a permanent contract.
Acquisition is not appreciated.
The operative administration of the different study programmes is organised via programme management teams, headed by an Executive Director. The tasks of these teams include educational logistics, finances, quality assurance, portfolio innovation, and programme-related communication. The teams are also responsible for the functional liaison with the academic directors, the course instructors, the examination board, the study advisers, the international office, and the programme committees, as well as with the corporate units recruitment & admissions, career centre, corporate & alumni relations, and corporate marketing & communications.
Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University (RSM) is one of Europe’s top-ranked business schools. RSM provides ground-breaking research and education furthering excellence in all aspects of management and is based in the international port city of Rotterdam – a vital nexus of business, logistics and trade. RSM’s primary focus is on developing business leaders with international careers who can become a force for positive change by carrying their innovative mindset into a sustainable future. Our first-class range of bachelor, master, MBA, PhD and executive programmes encourage them to become critical, creative, caring and collaborative thinkers and doers. Study information and activities for future students, executives and alumni are also organised from the RSM office in Chengdu, China. www.rsm.nl
RSM is an equal opportunity employer and explicitly encourages applications from candidates of all genders, ethnicities, and nationalities.