The BSc Programme Management team is part of the Education Services of RSM, and is responsible for the organisation of education in the Dutch-taught BSc Business Administration (Bedrijfskunde) bachelor degree programme, the English-taught BSc International Business Administration (IBA) bachelor degree programme and the premaster programmes of RSM. The team has seven programme managers, an assistant programme manager, a programme assistant, a team manager, an academic director and an associate academic director.
You will coordinate and organize education in the Bedrijfskunde and IBA programmes as effectively and efficiently as possible, and manage the second year in these three-year bachelor degree programmes. Together with your BSc Programme Management colleagues, you will be responsible for the department's optimal performance and for the quality of services it provides. You will actively work with colleagues in your own department, with other RSM colleagues and lecturers, and with colleagues from other Erasmus University faculties, departments, and teams.
Your main tasks
As programme manager you will be responsible for:
- the coordination and organization of education for bachelor 2 in the Bedrijfskunde and IBA programme. Your work will be carried out in conjunction with another programme manager
- proactively offering support and being a point of contact for students, lecturers and colleagues in matters related to education and educational processes
- preparing a course calendar in consultation with programme managers and the team responsible for timetables
- advising on lecture and examination schedules in consultation with lecturers, programme managers and the team responsible for timetables
- preparing course manuals and newsletters, and managing information for the year for which you have responsibility on the website and information channels
- organising programme-related events such as the programme launch each year, and information sessions applicable to the study phase of the students in your year
- identifying and analysing problem areas in the structure of education based on evaluations with students and lecturers, and developing proposals for improvement
- periodically evaluating the effectiveness and efficiency of the work activities performed and optimising these activities with colleagues, based on evidence and available management information
- further development of processes contributing to the quality of the organisation and of the Bedrijfskunde and IBA programmes
- attending events and providing information about the programmes
- supervising student assistants, in consultation with your colleagues
- participating in projects and working groups in the department, and at higher levels in the organisation.
- Successful completion of education at hbo- or bachelor level
- A minimum of two years of relevant work experience, preferably in higher education
- Excellent organisational abilities and a methodical approach to work
- High level of proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Applicants with knowledge of education-related systems such as Osiris and Canvas have an advantage
- Good communication skills. We require candidates to have both native Dutch and fluent spoken and written English CEFR level C1
Your required competencies
- Meticulous in carrying out work activities and an affinity with administrative processes
- Strong numerical skills and analytical abilities
- A sense of responsibility to the team and to the departmental effort, but also able to work independently and proactively
- Accustomed to, and smart at, dealing with multiple simultaneous tasks and deadlines
- Focused on customer service and solution-oriented
- Flexibility with time and with performing the tasks at hand to ensure the smooth running of the programme
- Willingness to undertake training within the organisation and elsewhere
The terms of employment are in accordance with the CAO NU (collective labour agreement for Dutch universities). We are offering a contract for 0.8 to 1.0 FTE, for one year. If proven suitable, employment for an indefinite period of time is a possibility. The start date is negotiable, but ideally would be 1 November 2022. The salary range for this position is in scale 10. The salary will be based on education and work experience and could therefore vary from € 2,960 to € 4,670 gross per month, based on a full-time employment contract. A temporary preliminary salary scale (scale 8 CAO NU) may be instituted.
Erasmus University offers an attractive terms of employment package, including an 8 per cent holiday allowance and an 8.3 per cent end-of-year bonus, plus a generous number of vacation days.
EUR offers all employees an annual personal career budget which can be used to advance your skills and competences. There are lots of training, development, and coaching opportunities at EUR.
If you are interested in this position, please apply with your motivation letter and CV via the button before Monday, 10 October 2022. If you have any questions about the vacancy you can reach out to BSc Programme Management team manager Irèn Galama firstname.lastname@example.org
Details from this advertisement are not to be used for other marketing activities.
Internal candidates will be given preference over external candidates when possible.
The operative administration of the different study programmes is organised via programme management teams, headed by an Executive Director. The tasks of these teams include educational logistics, finances, quality assurance, portfolio innovation, and programme-related communication. The teams are also responsible for the functional liaison with the academic directors, the course instructors, the examination board, the study advisers, the international office, and the programme committees, as well as with the corporate units recruitment & admissions, career centre, corporate & alumni relations, and corporate marketing & communications.
Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University (RSM) is one of Europe’s top-ranked business schools. RSM provides ground-breaking research and education furthering excellence in all aspects of management and is based in the international port city of Rotterdam – a vital nexus of business, logistics and trade. RSM’s primary focus is on developing business leaders with international careers who can become a force for positive change by carrying their innovative mindset into a sustainable future. Our first-class range of bachelor, master, MBA, PhD and executive programmes encourage them to become critical, creative, caring and collaborative thinkers and doers. Study information and activities for future students, executives and alumni are also organised from the RSM office in Chengdu, China. www.rsm.nl
RSM is an equal opportunity employer and explicitly encourages applications from candidates of all genders, ethnicities, and nationalities.