As assistant professor or associate professor on the tenure track in the Department of Technology & Operation Management at Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University (RSM), you join the faculty of MSc Business Information Management (BIM) and collaborate regularly with the Erasmus Centre for Data Analytics (ECDA). If you’re in your final year of a PhD study or an assistant professor, we invite you to apply.
Your main tasks
In this position, your main tasks include:
- conducting academic research aimed at top-tier journals in information systems, management and related fields – independently and together with others;
- teaching courses in RSM’s BSc IBA, MSc Business Information Management and/or MSc Business Analytics & Management;
- contributing to the further development of the BIM programme, the department, and RSM; and
- engaging with RSM’s mission to be a force for positive change in the world.
We are looking for candidates with:
- a PhD in information systems, management and organisation, economics, computer science, statistics or related fields
- a strong commitment to high-quality research and evidence of the ability to conduct impactful work and to publish in top journals (i.e., published papers and/or high-quality papers in the pipeline for top management journals; see ERIM journals list)
- an interest in all areas of information systems research across all research methodologies.
- research interests that complement on-going work in the department, particularly in the areas of business analytics and artificial intelligence, digital business, online platforms, digital technology related innovations, and business and technology architecture.
Your required competences
You are intellectually curious, internationally oriented, ambitious and a good-natured scholar who shares our passion for research and teaching. Your main competences include:
- the ability to show excellence in teaching and play a key role in the Department’s academic programmes.
- a strong familiarity with online education platforms, techniques to inspire successful blended learning and the ability to provide critical yet constructive feedback.
- the ability to teach in English. You’re at an advantage if you can also teach in Dutch.
- an appreciation for academic research that is linked to real-world problems, enabling the creation of impact on both the academic community and the business community.
- A challenging full-time position at a well-known business school and based on the Tenure Track system.
- A starting date of 1 September 2023. An earlier or later starting date can be discussed.
- A competitive salary, subject to your training and experience.
- Safe employment conditions.
- Opportunities for job-specific training and career development.
The conditions of employment comply with the collective labour agreement for Dutch Universities (CAO NU). Salary is subject to training and experience and may vary: for an assistant professor position from a minimum of € 3,974 gross per month (scale 11 CAO NU) and up to a maximum of € 6,181 gross per month (scale 12 CAO NU), and for an associate professor position from a minimum of € 5,506 gross per month (scale 13 CAO NU) and up to a maximum of € 7,362 gross per month (scale 14 CAO NU), based on a full-time contract of 38 hours. Favourable tax agreements may apply to non-Dutch applicants. Erasmus University Rotterdam has attractive employment conditions, which include a holiday allowance of 8%, an end-of-year bonus of 8,3% and a generous number of vacation days.
Have we caught your interest? Be sure to formally apply for this vacancy before Saturday 1 July 2023.
Screening will start immediately and continue until the position is filled. We will schedule in-person interviews with selected candidates at CIST/INFORMS and ICIS.
Make sure to include in your application:
- Motivation letter
- Curriculum vitae
- One job market paper
- A concise research and teaching statement
- Current/recent teaching evaluations
- At least two recommendation letters
For questions about this position, please contact Prof. Ting Li (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The Business Information Management (BIM) section is a vibrant community with world-class research and education on advanced information technologies and systems and its impact on firms, markets, and customers. Topics such as digital strategy and business, platform ecosystems, artificial intelligence for business, personalization and the privacy paradox, smart city platforms, digital technologies for a sustainable and carbon neutral society are investigated with students, companies, and partner universities.
Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University (RSM) is one of Europe’s top-ranked business schools. RSM provides ground-breaking research and education furthering excellence in all aspects of management and is based in the international port city of Rotterdam – a vital nexus of business, logistics and trade. RSM’s primary focus is on developing business leaders with international careers who can become a force for positive change by carrying their innovative mindset into a sustainable future. Our first-class range of bachelor, master, MBA, PhD and executive programmes encourage them to become critical, creative, caring and collaborative thinkers and doers. Study information and activities for future students, executives and alumni are also organised from the RSM office in Chengdu, China. www.rsm.nl
RSM is a faculty of Erasmus University Rotterdam (EUR). EUR is an internationally oriented university with a strong social orientation in its education and research. Our scientists and students work in close collaboration with internal and external parties to solve global, social challenges, inspired by the always dynamic and cosmopolitan Rotterdam. Our mission is therefore "Creating positive societal impact". Our academic education is intensive, active and application-oriented. Our research increasingly takes place in multidisciplinary teams, which are strongly intertwined with international networks. With our research impact and thanks to the high quality of education, EUR can compete with the top European universities. The Erasmian values function as our internal compass and make Erasmus University recognizable to the outside world: engaged with society, world citizen, connecting, entrepreneurial and open-minded. www.eur.nl