Junior Business Controller
- Reference: J-18-34373
- Type: Job
- Organisation: Triodos Investment Management
- Location: Zeist, Netherlands
- Start date: 01-02-2019
- Duration: indefinite
- Application deadline: 27-12-2018
Controlling is primarily responsible for management information and all associated (financial) analyses and internal reports. The controlling team is transforming from scorekeeper towards strategic advisor. With data visualization and advanced analytics, we are moving towards a more fact-based and ‘forward way of looking’ way of working. Are you looking for an opportunity to broaden your professional knowledge and improve your skills and capabilities? Then you might be the business controller we are looking for!
- Create and improve a wide variety of internal models for reporting and analysis as input for presentations, BSC and dashboards;
- Co-operate in initiating and monitoring information gathering in the three-year planning, annual budgets and rolling forecasting for Triodos Investment Management as well for all our offered funds;
- Improve and support internal models for business cases and challenge assumptions to prepare findings to be translated into advice (both solicited and unsolicited) for both business stakeholders;
- Participate in projects to further improve our financial reporting and analysis (for example: datawarehousing, Tagetik for budgeting for funds and asset manager) .
- Support team in creating and implementing (key) performance indicators to provide steering information for senior and fund management.
Triodos Investment Management, a 100% subsidiary of Triodos Bank, is a globally recognised leader in impact investment. The business has grown based on deep market sector insights and commitment to sustainability objectives of our partners. Triodos Investment Management currently manages 17 funds (totalling over EUR 4,4 billion) investing in both Europe and emerging markets.
The Risk & Finance department currently comprises of 25 professionals. The controlling team consists of 5 co-workers including the manager Controlling to whom you will report.
- Functional work area: Finance
- Hours per week: 32 - 40
- Salary: tbd
You have just recently finished (or about to finish) your University level (for example Business Economics/Administration or Accountancy). You have strong analytical and abstract thinking skills. You are innovative, solution-oriented, conceptual and analytical thinker but you also have a hands-on mentality. You feel attracted to work in an international, ambitious and pioneering environment.
In addition to this you:
- feel personally connected to the mission and values of Triodos Bank;
- are ambitious and eager to learn;
- have experience in working with automated systems and ICT;
- have strong developed presentation and advising skills;
- have good command of English. have international experience.
You want to make a difference. Our first priority is impact – the difference made by us as an asset manager, and you as a Controller. And that's not all: we offer great working conditions.
- a salary appropriate to who you are and what you are capable of;
- 28 paid holiday days for a 40-hour working week, and the opportunity to purchase 2 extra weeks;
- training and development opportunities;
- flexible working hours and the opportunity to work from home;•
- 100% public transport allowance for journeys between home and work;
- an attractive pension scheme;
- a bike scheme.
The first round of interviews will be held on Friday January 11th.
- Applicant profile: MSc Graduate
- Experience: 0-2 years
- Study area: Accounting
- Required language skills: Dutch, English
Triodos Bank finances companies, institutions and projects that add cultural value and benefit people and the environment, with the support of depositors and investors who want to encourage corporate social responsibility and a sustainable society. Our mission is To help create a society that promotes people’s quality of life and that has human dignity at its core. To enable individuals, institutions and businesses to use money more consciously in ways that benefit people and the environment, and promote sustainable development. To offer our customers sustainable financial products and high quality service.
- Industry: Financial services/ Insurance
- Organisation size: 251 - 1000
- Company website: https://www.triodos.com
As RSM Career Centre we reserve the right to take action when we find out that you’re not an RSM student or alumn. This might effect your application, for which we are not responsible. If you have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .