eMobility Market and Supplier Assessment
- Reference: I-18-54269
- Type: Internship
- Organisation: Shell
- Location: Rijswijk, Netherlands
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Duration: 3 - 4 months
eMobility Market and Supplier Assessment
To secure the right supplier partners under the right commercial models, we must have a full understanding of the rapidly evolving “Charge Point Operator” (CPO) marketplace. The first deliverable for the internship projects is therefore an assessment of the market for provision of CPO services in the priority clusters in Europe. This will include supply / demand profiles and trends, customer scan, supplier scan, supplier profiles and ultimately a recommended long list of suppliers for further investigation.
However, desktop analysis can only tell us so much. We need to get a direct line to the suppliers we are interested in to learn more about them: their capability, footprints, strategic direction, interest in our business and ultimately how suitable they would be as a partner for Shell. The second deliverable for the internship projects is therefore a Request for Information (RFI) process, targeted at the CPOs identified in the market assessment as being potentially suitable suppliers. This work includes development of the RFI document, management of the RFI process, evaluation of the RFI responses, follow up clarification engagements and final development of a recommended short list for further selection or negotiation processes.
What will you get out of this experience?
- The chance to take on, independently manage and complete a discrete piece of work in your preferred style of working and incorporating your own ideas, but always with management support, an assigned mentor and a welcoming local team of colleagues.
- The opportunity to connect with Shell colleagues in a wide range of roles and functions from multiple countries, to seek input, support and coaching whilst learning about their roles and generally about life in Shell.
- A space for you practice and perfect your existing skills, whilst also gaining new ones on the front-line of a real business environment.
- Functional work area: Purchasing / Supply Management / Logistics
- Hours per week: 40
- Salary: To be discussed
- Final stage of Master study in supply chain management or related subjects.
- Skills / Experience Desired: self-guided research, commercial qualitative and quantitative analysis, business style report and presentation writing, excellent spoken and written English
- Shell recruitment assessment conditions apply
- Applicant profile: MSc Student
- Experience: not applicable
- Study area: Supply Chain Management
- Required language skills: English
Royal Dutch Shell (Shell) is a major international energy & petrochemical company with around 86,000 employees. Shell’s Retail business, which sells fuel and convenience goods to drivers at service stations, has more than 44,000 sites in more than 70 countries. This makes Shell the world’s largest mobility retailer and one of the largest single branded retailers of any kind on the planet. While we continue to improve the quality of our gasoline and diesel, we are also expanding our alternative energy product offering in pursuit of the Group’s aim to lead the energy transition, and the Retail aim to grow margin from low emission energy solutions. This includes electric mobility (eMobility), via our on-forecourt rapid charging network for electric vehicles: “Recharge”. The Retail Contracting & Procurement (CP) function is supporting the expansion of the Recharge network and is offering the opportunity for an intern to join in this exciting journey.
- Industry: Manufacture of chemicals and chemical products
- Organisation size: > 10.000
- Company website: https://www.shell.com/globalsolutions
As RSM Career Centre we reserve the right to take action when we find out that you’re not an RSM student or alumn. This might effect your application, for which we are not responsible. If you have questions, please contact email@example.com .