Digital Marketing (Data)
- Reference: I-19-58497
- Type: Internship
- Organisation: Solarplaza International
- Location: Rotterdam, Netherlands
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Duration: 3 - 6 months
The application of solar energy is growing rapidly worldwide. Solarplaza is a global solar news platform and leading organizer of high-level conferences and trade missions in this industry. We offer a data-driven marketing internship to a hands-on and highly motivated go-getter. This is a special opportunity for an ambitious student to join and learn from a dynamic, international company on a mission.
Your role and everyday tasks
Data is becoming a bigger and bigger part of Solarplaza’s digital marketing success. In order to continuously improve our marketing strategy, we rely on relevant insights on our target audience and how they interact with us.
You will gather data, create reports, interpret your findings and translate them into actionable insights that help us understand our customers better. It will be important to research customer behavior and connect the dots: What are the trends and how could we improve? Your tasks are contributing to the bigger picture and we will include you in our campaigns, experiments & analyses.
Expected main responsibilities:
- Data Availability: from Excel entry to exports for evaluation
- Data Analysis: from gathering insights to global impact
Key Characteristics and Challenges:
- Good eye for detail: To get the right information out of the data, we need to be precise and picky. Every comma counts and your eye will spot all abnormalities.
- Quick & eager learner: You are a fast learner and can pick up tasks, software, and new responsibilities quickly and with enthusiasm. Sure you will be guided, but you don’t mind finding your own way to get things moving.
- Communicative teamplayer: You’ll work in close collaboration with the marketing team and another 25+ colleagues. Communication is key to learn from each other and make a lasting impact.
- International environment: You enjoy working with internationals and have cultural awareness. It is important that you feel comfortable in using English as a primary language of communication within our office.
Our responsibilities to you
We understand that you might have to meet certain requirements in order to get approval for and successfully completing this internship. Solarplaza has a lot of experience in guiding students, several of them are still with us as employees. We will find a way of naturally integrating your assignment with our operations. Please be very clear about what is required so we can support you in proper fashion. The internship compensation relates to your availability and active contribution to our mission.
Interested in this internship?
Please apply by answering some questions and uploading your resume via the following link: solarplaza.com/about/careers/. Kathrin, our Digital Marketeer - Email & Analytics, is also available for questions through email (firstname.lastname@example.org). Feel free to reach out.
- Do not procrastinate: we will review applications the moment they arrive -
- Functional work area: Marketing / Sales
- Hours per week: 16 - 24
- Salary: Depends on age and working hours
- Available for 2 to 3 days a week, starting as soon as possible for 3 to 6 months
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor program in a related field: e.g. Business, Marketing, Economics, Statistics, Data Science or Quantitative Social sciences
- Excel / Google Sheets experience and affinity with data / software
- Basic knowledge of Google Analytics is a plus, but not a must
- Proficiency in English (emphasis on spoken) is a must
- Living in - or near - Rotterdam
- Applicant profile: BSc Student
- Experience: not applicable
- Study areas: (Business) Information Management, Finance, Sustainability, (International) Management, Innovation, Marketing
- Required language skills: English
Solarplaza International BV is a Rotterdam-based company, with a highly international vision and composition. Our current team consists of 30+ young, ambitious, and highly educated people, coming from 18 different nationalities, eager to empower the global solar industry. We have just celebrated our 15-year anniversary and continue to grow rapidly.
Solarplaza seeks to accelerate the global energy transition by organizing high-level events and trade missions across the world and provides its readers and subscribers with articles, reports, studies and analyses about the most relevant solar topics and trends. Our track record contains over 100 events, in over 30 different countries on 5 continents.
Our internal marketing team includes all the design, content and growth disciplines we could wish for. We’re a closely-knit team with an open, informal, creative, result-driven and energetic atmosphere. Work hard, love GIFs, eat cake, play foosball, join us.
- Industry: Consultancy / Research
- Organisation size: 11 - 50
- Company website: http://www.solarplaza.com
As RSM Career Centre we reserve the right to take action when we find out that you’re not an RSM student or alumn. This might effect your application, for which we are not responsible. If you have questions, please contact email@example.com .