Junior Business Analyst
- Reference: J-19-37400
- Type: Job
- Organisation: Mazarine Energy
- Location: Den Haag, Netherlands
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Duration: 6 months
We have a requirement for a Junior Business Analyst to join our New Business Development (NBD) & Commercial team at our head office in The Hague, the Netherlands. The position is for 6 months minimum, starting on 1 November 2019.
As part of the NBD & Commercial team, you will be supporting the evaluation for Oil and Gas asset acquisitions, as well as broader commercial and finance activities. This is a unique opportunity to learn Finance and Economics in a small but ambitious company, which has a track record of growth over the past 5 years after receiving a $500 million equity commitment from Carlyle for further acquisitions.
- Reporting to Head of Business Development & Commercial and supporting all NBD activities from the project evaluation phase through scenario development to the preparation of final investment presentations;
- Perform Operating Costs analyses and propose relevant assumptions for an investment evaluation;
- Run sensitivities analyses to spot the main risks and propose mitigations;
- Building, updating and maintaining country specific valuation models;
- Evaluating and re-assessing key financial input for projects/valuations;
- Support Finance team with budgeting and planning activities and reporting.
- Functional work area: Strategy / Business Development / Corporate Planning
- Hours per week: 32 - 40
- Salary: Negotiable
- Additional benefits: Holiday pay, Travel expenses
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- Minimum Education: – final year or (newly) graduated of Masters’ or MSc degree (Applied Science (Math, Physics, Engineering), Petroleum Engineering, Economics)
- Ability to engage effectively with internal staff and external Parties, at all levels;
- A strong team player, value driven, with a professional work ethic and a confident and effective communicator;
- Possess high quality power of analysis, presentation and writing skills;
- Strongly self-motivated, hands-on and entrepreneurial;
- Fluent English language skills, both verbally and in writing;
- Proficient MS Office skills (excel, power point).
- Applicant profile: MSc Student
- Experience: not applicable
- Study area: Finance
- Required language skills: English
Mazarine is an upstream Oil & Gas operator, we explore, develop, produce and optimize oil and gas resources. We stay ahead, benefitting from our technical leadership and operational excellence. Our delivery-focused, creative & practical attitude makes it possible to quickly develop projects, to add value and reserves to existing operations. Working at Mazarine is working in a fast-paced environment, in which working together in order to achieve great results is our main focus. We like to put in the work in order to get the results we want, and when we do, we celebrate together.
- Industry: Mining / Quarring (incl. oil, energy)
- Organisation size: 251 - 1000
- Company website: https://mazarine-energy.com
As RSM Career Centre we reserve the right to take action when we find out that you’re not an RSM student or alumn. This might effect your application, for which we are not responsible. If you have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .