International Commercial Operations Director
- Reference: J-19-37457
- Type: Job
- Organisation: PVG Holding
- Location: Sotteville-Sous-Le-Val, France
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Duration: indefinite
The commercial world around us is changing rapidly. The demand from end-consumers to have a variety of choice, instant availability and high service gives pressure throughout the complete supply chain – from sourcing, data management, sales support to logistics and after sales service. Both for our company as sourcing partner as the re-seller themselves. Handshakes between the different internal and external departments should go seamless with high efficiency and a quality drive from all concerning contributors in the supply chain.
Our company faces the challenge to transform from a traditional supplier to a supply chain partner to our re-sellers. To enable this transition, we need to re-design and update our operations and make our operational excellence a discriminating selling point to our re-sellers. We claim low hassle products to our re-sellers. We supply products that are thoroughly tested in high extend by our qualified, technical savvy product manager before shipment. If still failure occurs, we have the unique availability of our own, highly trained after-sales team to which the end-consumer, retailers service departments and installer can have direct contact.
To achieve this step to operational excellence, we need a leader with deep and up-to-date understanding of lean operation processes. The Commercial Operations Director should bring the experience and vision from current operation system to the new, modern times: the supply chain should become smart: better, quicker, cheaper, less mistakes. With a direct link straight into the supply chain systems of our retailers. Removing waste in time, money, labor, shipment, storage and products from local point of view. Lower operational cost will contribute directly to the profit. Stock management responsibility and understanding of data exchange with re-sellers is high on the agenda of the operational director.
The French market is the largest contributor to our revenue, so for this reason the commercial operations director will be based in Rouen, France. The main focus is to build and activate an operational platform while continuing to enable running business. The commercial operations director should be a builder and be hands-on. The operational platform should work perfectly for the French market but should also be the future standard for the other sales organizations in Italy, Spain, Benelux and Export. The Commercial Operations Director is assigned with a companywide, European task.
The Commercial Operations Director is an international team player and works closely together with the purchasing department, product management and data management competence team at the head-office in Oss.
Within France, the Commercial Operations Director will form with the sales director and financial manager a 3-headed management team. Both directors report directly to the CEO of the business (who is based in Oss, the Netherlands).
This role will be responsible for improving the supply chain regarding:
- After Sales Efficiency
- Stock management
- Central warehousing spare parts
- Warehouse management
Frequent travel to our clients, warehouse, head-office and other sales organizations is to be expected.
- Functional work area: Production / Engineering / Operations Management
- Hours per week: 40
- Salary: Negotiable
- Additional benefits: Bonus, Car, Possibility to do a course/training/education, Holiday pay, Laptop, Medical expenses allowance, Mobile telephone, Pension, Travel expenses
The Commercial Operations Director will be accountable for improving the overall Supply chain for the company starting in France and to assure possibilities to duplicate in other countries. You will manage the end to end operation of sales (including after sales), IT systems and third-party logistics providers locally. You will support and continue to develop the new ERP systems and support the sales team throughout the various key account meetings.
- Develop and execute the overall supply chain strategy to achieve sustainable growth of sales, increasing margins, increasing efficiency and EBITDA goals.
- Assure that local logistic partners are able to deliver products to clients and consumers on time and within budget.
- Work closely with the purchasing department in order to enhance the intercompany sales process and to focus on an optimum coordination between hardware delivery needs vs delivery schedule
- Build an operational dashboard with KPI’s contributing company goals: margin, revenue, operational cost , stock management, NPS (end-consumers, re-sellers and installers).
- Developing and implementing a sustainable wholesale and after sales operation strategy ensuring a consistent execution across all Key Accounts
- Leading, developing and coaching team members and direct reports to enhance professional and personal capabilities
- Building up and managing relevant internal and external reporting and communication processes
- Close cooperation with our Group key competences: Data management, Product & Sourcing Management, Purchasing, Finance, Marketing Communications, etc.
- Build, manage and support an Operations organization with strong cross-functional relationships.
- Together with management define, develop and manage the implementation of structured programs to develop functional, system and management team skills.
- Strive to achieve a high performance team aiming to maximize productivity and efficiency.
- Responsible for team performance including continuous appraisal process, objective setting and management of grievances etc.
- Communication towards the working council (and v.v.)
- Responsible for the effective and efficient performance of the after sales team, back office sales (sales administration) and logistic department (x FTE)
- Responsible for implementing and refining the Spare Part Policy.
Knowledge & Experience
- 10-15 yrs operations leadership experience in a warehousing and retail logistics environment
- University trained Engineer - Master of Science with a specialization in Process/Supply Chain Management and affinity with ICT
- MBA with focus on Operational and Commercial excellence
- Lean Six Sigma experience: (leading) Green and Black belts
- Strong leadership skills in IT systems (EDI-purchase, order intake, logistics), Logistics and managing After Sales teams
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships within an international team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
Key Personal Skills
- International, cross-cultural interest
- Internal and external customer oriented
- Written and verbal communication in French (native speaker) and English (Italian and Spanish is an advantage)
- Progress driven
- Stress resistance
- Applicant profile: MBA Graduate
- Experience: 10+ years
- Study areas: (Business) Information Management, Change, Strategy, Supply Chain Management
- Required language skills: English, French
Our multi-national company is a product and service sourcing partner for major retailers in the DIY, White Goods and Garden segment. We offer climate and comfort solutions in and around the home. We have 35 years of experience in trading, our origin of growth is the supply of paraffin heating products. Throughout the years we have not only grown our portfolio in heating but also in air-conditioning. We have built close relations with our re-sellers but also with our (mainly) oversees suppliers. We are European leader in climate solutions (B2B2C) and are proud to source our re-sellers with high quality products and service against a fair price point.
We believe in authentic relationships with our suppliers, clients and employees. Adding and appreciating value to service, to and from our stakeholders, is important to us.
- Industry: Electricity / Gas / Steam / Air conditioning supply (distribution)
- Organisation size: 51 - 250
- Company website: http://www.pvg.eu
As RSM Career Centre we reserve the right to take action when we find out that you’re not an RSM student or alumn. This might effect your application, for which we are not responsible. If you have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .