Student Assistant MSc Programmes/process documentation 12 hours a week
- Reference: S-19-13409
- Type: Side job
- Organisation: Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University
- Location: Rotterdam, Netherlands
- Start date: 06-01-2020
- Duration: 1 years
- Application deadline: 21-11-2019
About the department
The Student assistant will work in the education service department of the faculty consisting of BSc and MSc Programme Management, the RSM Career Centre, the RSM International Office, RSM Recruitment & Admissions, RSM Student Advisors, the support team of the RSM Examination Board, and will also liaise with other teams, such as the RSM Corporate & Alumni Relations team, the Corporate Marketing & Communications team, and Information Management & Consulting. We are a very diverse, international team of professionals, and we are friendly and welcoming toward people of all nationalities, ethnicities, genders, physiques, and backgrounds.
Your main tasks:
- Inventory of current and new processes across the participating teams
- Build and maintain a “T5 knowledge bank” in Wiki and organize appropriate tags to allow effective overview of cross functional processes.
- Perform process documentation tasks:
- Build relationships with and interview knowledge owners and liaise with relevant stakeholders to research the processes.
- Review materials to research current practice relating to the processes.
- Compose business process documents, using an existing template.
- Create (cross-functional) workflow diagrams that are clear, concise, and accurate.
- Identify bottlenecks and make suggestions to process improvements or streamlining.
- Present process document drafts and suggestions to relevant stakeholders and knowledge owners for review and feedback.
- Register, index, and classify documents in the “T5 knowledge bank”.
If you are interested in this position please send a letter of application and résumé (both in English) to Liesbeth Lohman by applying through the APPLY NOW button, for the attention of Dr Gabriele Helfert, Executive Director MSc Programmes.
The closing date is 21 November 2019. Interviews with selected candidates will take place in late November, early December.
- Functional work area: Education / Research
- Hours per week: 12
- Salary: Depending on study year, between €587.40 and €684.90 gross per month, based on a 0.3 FTE appointment
- High level of accuracy
- Advanced knowledge of the MS Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio)
- Excellent command of English and Dutch (minimum CEFR level C1, speaking and writing)
- Excellent communication skills (speaking and writing)
- Affinity with online content management
- Affinity with administrative processes, databases, and analytic IT tools;
- Proactive, customer-friendly attitude
- We are looking for a student who intends to stay in the role for at least 1 year
- Minor in Bachelor 3: no exchange or internship planned.
- Available 1,5 days per week
- Available to start in December or January.
- Applicant profile: BSc Student
- Experience: not applicable
- Study areas: Accounting, (Business) Information Management, Finance, Investments, Sustainability, Human Resource Management, (International) Management, Innovation, Marketing, Change, Entrepreneurship, Strategy, Supply Chain Management
- Required language skills: Dutch, English
Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University (RSM) is the business school of Erasmus University Rotterdam. It is internationally recognized for its excellence and innovation in management education and research, and is particularly well known for the development of international business leaders. RSM offers a broad portfolio of Bachelor, Master, PhD, MBA and Executive Education programmes, and is consistently ranked amongst the top 10 European business schools.
- Industry: Education / Scientific research
- Organisation size: 251 - 1000
- Company website: http://www.rsm.nl
As RSM Career Centre we reserve the right to take action when we find out that you’re not an RSM student or alumn. This might effect your application, for which we are not responsible. If you have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .