- Reference: S-19-13429
- Type: Side job
- Organisation: Apeiron Insight B.V.
- Location: The Hague, Netherlands
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Duration: indefinite
We are looking for a young Data Scientist willing to thrive in an exciting Dutch Big Data Analytics start-up company, already a leader in the creation of a new Alternative Data vertical. The DS will help us uncover the insights hidden in vast amounts of data, assisting us make smarter decisions to deliver even better products.
Apeiron has large Telco data sets which are used by the most advanced (ML & AI) hedge funds & asset management to predict Telecom operators' financial performance. Apeiron delivers services built up from multiple global raw data sets, then engineered & processed by Apeiron’s own systems. The next stage of development will be to conduct back testing of the output data vs other data sets to extract new insights not obvious from the current output engineered data.
We are looking for a Diogenes who will bring us the Light.
Your primary focus will be in applying data mining techniques, conducting statistical analysis, and building high quality prediction systems integrated with our products. Being part of a small-sized team, this person will be a major player in shaping the future of Data Science, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence within the firm, with tremendous opportunities to grow and influence the growth of the company.
Apeiron will provide clear training in terms of the understanding of the raw data, the whole data engineering process including the algorithms logic and the initial Data Science efforts already implemented.
The role can be undertaken as a full or part time job. We are happy to work things around other academic obligations.
- Functional work area: Finance
- Hours per week: 16 - 40
- Salary: Based on experience & time available
- Additional benefits: Possibility to do a course/training/education, Flexible working hours, Holiday pay, Travel expenses
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Good programming skills
- Understanding of key IT systems
- Experience with data visualization tools
- Familiarity in using query languages
- A self-starter willing to thrive in a start-up environment
- Interested in working in a high pace, high visibility organization
- Team player, happy to work in closed proximity with the Data Engineering & the Management team.
- Enjoy working in a cool & stylish offices, overlooking the Hague, with excellent facilities.
- Applicant profiles: MBA Graduate, MBA Student, MSc Graduate, MSc Student, PhD Graduate, PhD Student
- Experience: 0-2 years
- Study areas: (Business) Information Management, Finance, Investments
- Required language skills: Dutch, English
Apeiron Insight B.V. is the leading company in TMT Alternative Data space. Apeiron delivers real time insightful data used by the investment community (funds, asset management) to predict Telecoms Operators performance ahead of their earnings quarterly publications.
- Industry: Financial services/ Insurance
- Organisation size: 3 - 10
- Company website: http://www.apeironinsight.com
As RSM Career Centre we reserve the right to take action when we find out that you’re not an RSM student or alumn. This might effect your application, for which we are not responsible. If you have questions, please contact email@example.com .