Student Assistant for LifeVersity Project
- Reference: S-19-13489
- Type: Side job
- Organisation: Risbo EUR
- Location: Rotterdam, Netherlands
- Start date: 09-12-2019
- Duration: indefinite
- Application deadline: 04-12-2019
The Community for Learning and Innovation (CLI) is looking for a Student Assistant to help coordinate the Students-for-Students (S4S) project LifeVersity. LifeVersity aims to provide every EUR student with equal and easy access to develop their soft-skills via high-quality courses located directly at the campus. Our goal is to develop and provide, practical courses in collaboration with student associations, talented students, and academic and support staff. Course topics include public speaking, communication skills, leadership, career development, stress management, creative thinking, etc. To learn more about our current courses visit https://lifeversity.nl/
You will become a member of a team of two student assistants and over a dozen of trainers, which supports and facilitates the development and delivery of our courses. You will work together with the project manager and marketing coordinator to make sure the courses are organized in good order and to innovate and develop new courses. This would include activities such as management of course applications, communication with trainers and participants, cooperation with student associations and partners, arranging facilities and course needs, organizing course events (such as EURx talks), innovating the courses, and so on.
What we have to offer is a student assistant contract for 8 – 16 hours a week (flexible hours) with competitive salary. We are looking for someone that can start in the beginning of December 2019. Your contract will be up until the end of the March 2020, with the possibility of an extension.
- Functional work area: Education / Research
- Hours per week: 8 - 16
- Salary: According to EUR standards
You are a strong candidate for this position if:
- You are at least a second-year bachelor student;
- You are organized, proactive with interest in educational innovations;
- You consider yourself creative, and you have commercial awareness;
- You have a professional and inclusive attitude, and can work with different types of people;
- You know how to reach people, both on campus and on social media;
- You have strong, professional communication skills;
- You have relevant committee, event management or project management experience (preferably at the EUR);
- You are flexible and available to work outside business hours when necessary (Our courses usually take place after 5pm);
We are looking for an initiative taker who is enthusiastic, proactive, decisive, flexible, with a can-do / get-to-work mentality, and works well and transparently in a team.
Please note that you do not have to tick all the boxes, but this is to give you an idea of what we are looking for and expecting from you.
Please apply for this position with your Curriculum Vitae, Marketing/Design portfolio and short motivation letter (no longer than 1 A4). We will let you know before the 5th of December whether you will be invited for a short interview.
- Applicant profiles: BSc Student, MSc Student
- Experience: 0-2 years
- Study areas: Accounting, (Business) Information Management, Finance, Investments, Sustainability, Human Resource Management, (International) Management, Innovation, Marketing, Change, Entrepreneurship, Strategy, Supply Chain Management
- Required language skills: English
The Community for Learning and Innovation (CLI) is a network for sharing knowledge and collaborating on the innovation of education through professional development and digitalisation. The CLI supports, connects and expands existing networks in the area of learning and innovation. The CLI brings people together who want to move forward with their education. By connecting people, projects gain synergies and new ideas and initiatives arise. The ambition of the CLI is to create a meeting place for everyone with a passion for education in order to help each other, inspire and achieve results.
The Students-for-Students (S4S) Platform stimulates and facilitates students’ projects which contribute to improving the quality of education for students. S4S is funded by government resources, which are freed up by the abolition of the Dutch basic student grant (“basisbeurs”) and are now transferred directly to the universities to invest in the improvement of education. By enabling students to contribute to the improvement of their education, S4S brings these resources back to the students. For more information on CLI, please visit www.eur.nl/cli.
- Industry: Education / Scientific research
- Organisation size: 11 - 50
- Company website: https://www.risbo.nl/
As RSM Career Centre we reserve the right to take action when we find out that you’re not an RSM student or alumn. This might effect your application, for which we are not responsible. If you have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .