Student R&D valuation
- Reference: I-19-59372
- Type: Internship
- Organisation: uniQure
- Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Start date: 01-02-2020
- Duration: 3 - 6 months
- Application deadline: 04-01-2020
We are looking for a highly motivated and inquisitive MSc or BSc student with Finance background. The position will focus new methods for valuation of novel gene therapy approaches designed to treat genetic diseases; starting in the third quarter 2019.
uniQure is dedicated to bringing therapies for unmet medical needs to patients. In doing so, each function in uniQure is directly or indirectly responsible for the life of patients. This responsibility should be part of our day-to-day working life (i) by living up to high quality standards and (ii) by recognizing the sense of urgency in areas of high medical need.
The R&D has several functions and responsibilities: including proof-of-mechanism and proof-of-concept studies, as well as the identification of therapeutic target leads and immunological testing. The group is a major contributor to the R&D activities of uniQure’s AAV-based gene therapy platform, and a key value generator. The valuation of such new projects is not a trivial task and uniQure is exploring new methods to execute it.
The task of the Finance Student will be to analyze the current standard market practice for the valuation of the new projects in R&D of uniQure, and to provide recommendations for improvements as well as suggestions on new innovative valuation methods. To achieve this goal, the students will support the VP Research at uniQure who is responsible for the initiation of new projects and their proof-of-concept execution. The VP Research has PhD and MBA and has hence general understanding of the new valuation methods of biotech projects, for example the NPV, risk-adjusted r-NPV, real options value (ROV). uniQure is a leader in the field of gene therapy and seeks to deliver to patients suffering from rare and other devastating diseases single treatments with potentially curative results. uniQure has built an industry-leading gene therapy platform focused on liver/metabolic, central nervous system and other chronic disorders.
- Functional work area: Research & Development
- Hours per week: 20 - 40
- Salary: € 300,00
Education, skill requirements and monthly payment
- In his last BCs or MCs year of education
- Good Financial knowledge and affinity for analysing Research questions
- Able to act in a fast changing and demanding environment, willing and able to demonstrate a hands-on attitude and the delivery and execution of pragmatic and solution driven approaches
- Enthusiastic, able to support the department with information practical work
- Plans his/her own work with supervision of the VP Research
- Eye for, and attention to detail
- Able to communicate in a clear and concise manner, think through complex problems, express position in a structured manner and provide pragmatic solutions
- Excellent knowledge of the English language (verbal, written and scientific)
- Pro-active attitude, flexible and professional
- The contract is for 6-9 months period and a monthly payment of 300 euro bruto.
- Applicant profiles: BSc Student, MSc Student
- Experience: not applicable
- Study areas: Finance, Investments
- Required language skills: English
uniQure is delivering on the promise of gene therapy -- single treatments with potentially curative results. We are leveraging our modular and validated technology platform to rapidly advance a pipeline of proprietary and partnered gene therapies to treat patients with hemophilia, Huntington’s disease and other severe genetic diseases.
We are advancing a focused pipeline of innovative gene therapies. We are currently conducting a pivotal phase 3 trial in our lead indication, hemophilia B, and have initiated a phase 1/2 trial in Huntington’s disease. Our pipeline of adeno-associated virus (AAV)-based gene therapies has been developed using an innovative technology platform, supported by industry-leading proprietary commercial-grade manufacturing capabilities.
- Industry: Health care / Social welfare (incl. funeral industry)
- Organisation size: 51 - 250
- Company website: http://uniqure.com/
As RSM Career Centre we reserve the right to take action when we find out that you’re not an RSM student or alumn. This might effect your application, for which we are not responsible. If you have questions, please contact email@example.com .