Financial matters

Financial matters

  • This funding organisation gives MSc IM/CEMS, Finance & Investment Advanced and third year BSc students the opportunity to go abroad for study exchange or an internship. You can receive an Erasmus+ grant only for one study exchange and one internship during your entire studies.

    RSM Career Services will nominate MSc IM/CEMS, Finance & Investment Advanced and third year BSc students according to their internship proposals. Their nominations are sent to the EUR International Office, responsible for the administration of the Erasmus+ grant programme. You cannot apply for this grant on your own behalf. The EUR International Office will tell eligible students how to proceed with an application for the Erasmus+ grant.

    Full details are on EUR’s funding webpage, but here’s a quick outline of the conditions for being eligible for an Erasmus+ grant:

    • Erasmus+ grants are available to students on an internship in any country within the European Union except the Netherlands or Switzerland.
    • The internship must be part of your curriculum and count towards your total of study credits (ECTS)
    • The internship must last for a minimum of two months and a maximum of 12 months
    • Students doing an internship in their home country are not eligible

     More general information can be found here.

  • Students who receive an OV student travel card from DUO (Dienst Uitvoering Onderwijs), and who do an internship in another country are entitled to just under € 100 per month as a travel allowance in lieu of the OV student travel card. To receive reimbursements on time, submit your request to DUO at least two months before you leave the Netherlands. Request forms are available on DUO’s website. RSM Career Services can assist with your application and can sign these documents for you.

  • Subletting your room during your internship can reduce your costs, and also helps RSM to accommodate incoming exchange students while you’re away.Students who want to temporarily rent out their room can use the student-to-student housing service HousingAnywhere may request an official  letter proving you’re doing an internship. Please send your request for such a letter to We need the following details:

    • Full name
    • Fate of birth
    • Student number
    • RSM programme 
    • Company name, address, city and country
    • Start and completion date of your proposed internship.