Global OneMBA® Programme announces University of Miami Business School as new partner
OneMBA®, the truly global executive MBA programme offered in partnership by renowned business schools around the world, announces that University of Miami Business School has joined its consortium as the new American partner, succeeding the role previously assumed by the University of North Carolina Kenan-Flagler Business School.
It joins the four other partner schools:
- EGADE Business School Tecnológico de Monterrey (EGADE Business School) in Mexico
- Sao Paulo School of Business Administration - Fundação Getulio Vargas (FGV-EAESP) in Brazil
- Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University (RSM) in the Netherlands
- School of Management at Xiamen University in China
“When the USA is looking inward, we at Miami Business School proudly reaffirm our commitment to global dialogue and mutual support by joining the OneMBA family of schools,” said John Quelch, Dean of Miami Business School.
Miami Business School, founded in 1929, is reputed for its forward-thinking leadership and agility, and is focused on global partnerships. Its mission is to develop innovative ideas and principled leaders that transform global business and society. Its graduate student enrolments increased by 12% in 2018, demonstrating the draw of its academic programmes and location.
One of 11 schools and colleges at the University of Miami, the School offers undergraduate, master’s, doctoral, and executive education programmes. With its location in a major centre for international business, the School is acclaimed for its global perspective, student and faculty diversity, and engagement with the business community.
“OneMBA offers our students the opportunity to learn about the world of international business by doing, experiencing, and working in diverse global teams,” said Patricia Abril, Vice Dean of Graduate Business Programs at Miami Business School. “There is no better way to learn in today’s world.”
With the addition of Miami Business School, the consortium gains a partner, which is a leader in preparing individuals and organisations to excel in the complex, dynamic, and interconnected world of international business.
“The OneMBA community welcomes Miami Business School into the consortium. UMBS is recognised by its focus on innovation, diversity and ethical leadership – values that resonate deeply with OneMBA spirit and that direct our efforts of developing ever more open-minded, responsible and creative global leaders. We are all greatly impressed by the professionalism, commitment and passion of the UMBS team. OneMBA thus reinforces its distinctive position as the truly global executive MBA programme,” says Jorge Carneiro, Chair of the OneMBA Executive Committee and Associate Dean and Professor of Strategy and International Business at FGV.
OneMBA is the only global executive MBA delivered in partnership by five premier international business schools. Professors from all schools and international practitioners provide a framework for understanding the global business environment and management challenges specific to doing business in Europe, Asia and the Americas. OneMBA participants develop the skills to lead international organisations, with an emphasis on working with multicultural teams. English is used for all courses, which include:
- Global residencies: OneMBA participants from all five schools come together for four week-long global residencies held on four continents, which cover countries that represent around 50% of the world’s GDP. They visit regional and multinational companies and attend lectures by local executives, entrepreneurs, public policymakers and professors, besides engaging in social immersion – as an experiential way to understand different perspectives on doing business.
- Global courses: Between residencies, OneMBA participants attend globally-coordinated courses at their local OneMBA partner schools.
- Regional courses: Each partner school offers regional courses that accelerate career success in its world region.
- Along 21 months, students engage in multiple global teams (purposefully arranged to include diversity in terms of nationality, cultural background, academic background, industry and functional area experience, as well as gender and age) in order to conduct major projects that require working remotely with global team members from the other partner schools.
Designed for business professionals who live and work around the globe, OneMBA was launched in 2002, and graduated its first class in 2004. Today its network of 1,400 alumni in senior leadership positions extends to over 50 countries. Learn more about OneMBA at onemba.org.
For more information on RSM or on this release, please contact Marianne Schouten, Media & Public Relations Manager for RSM, on +31 10 408 2877 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.